Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a creative, experienced, and highly strategic VP of Marketing to join our team and market exclusive perks to our over 15 million users - individuals working at some of the largest employers and companies in America.
Marketing our services is very important to the work we do here at PerkSpot. As the VP of Marketing, you will work closely with the Sales team to craft innovative omnichannel marketing plans that inform and market our business to potential customers. The person we’re looking for has a demonstrated history of working in Marketing, with a proactive and unique vision for success.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Marketing Team
The Marketing team at PerkSpot is small, but mighty. It’s comprised of talented individuals with a vision for success. Through collaboration with them and other departments, you will work to establish Marketing processes and KPIs, set benchmarks for success, and develop a comprehensive demand generation plan. In this way, you’ll have a direct hand in setting and achieving PerkSpot’s long-term goals.
Life as our VP of Marketing:
- Working with internal teams (Sales, HR, etc.) to learn the ropes and discover what has/hasn’t worked in terms of marketing and retention strategy
- Developing and executing a comprehensive Marketing plan for the business that makes sense in terms of budget, reach, and customer acquisition/retention strategies
- Coordinate omnichannel marketing initiatives for web, mobile, email, and traditional media channels
- Conducting regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) reviews to establish success of active marketing campaigns
- Working with senior leadership to align marketing efforts with overall company goals
- Partnering with Client Success and Merchant Partnerships teams to ensure the best client and customer experiences across the board
- Keeping tabs on the Marketing industry as a whole, and using this knowledge to constantly optimize PerkSpot’s marketing plan
- Supervising and mentoring our talented Marketing team to success, while identifying gaps and filling open positions
- Continuously protecting and improving upon PerkSpot’s exceptional industry reputation
- Attending and running regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and active marketing strategies
- Constantly devising ways to make the PerkSpot experience better and more effective for its customers
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10+ years of experience in high-level, multi-channel marketing strategy
- 3-5+ years of experience overseeing and managing a small team
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar field required; Graduate degree preferred
- Demonstrated background in developing and executing long-term marketing plans - 12-month plan execution experience required
- Documented experience in demand-generated marketing - MGL, MQL, and SAL - and managing a budget of $250K-1M
- Background in B2B marketing; HR buying experience preferred
- Experience in setting, analyzing, and reporting on marketing data and KPIs
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Stellar managerial skills and the proven ability to lead a team - hiring experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience interfacing with C-level management
- Strategic, goal-oriented, and thoughtful workstyle
- Empathetic and customer-centric mindset, with strong knowledge of the current industry
- proactive attitude, with the talent for making
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well within a team
- Desire to learn and grow within a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
The first 90 days working at PerkSpot will certainly be eventful. During your first week, you’ll meet with members and leads of every team to learn the business and its past marketing strategy - what’s worked, what hasn’t, and what we want to try next. From there, you will evaluate the company’s current marketing plan, and create a 12-month marketing plan to leadership outlining the company’s new demand generation strategy. You’ll then move on to testing your blueprint for demand generation, all while working with HR to assess and fill the team’s open roles.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.