VP, Marketing at Sphera
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Sphera is looking for a strategy and execution focused Vice President of Marketing who is also a great leader and coach. This person has experience at high-growth companies and is able to own all areas of B2B marketing, including but not limited to, product marketing, demand generation & ABM, content marketing, branding, public relations, analyst relations, channel marketing, marketing analytics, trade shows and events.
As a member of our Operations Leadership team reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, the VP of Marketing is responsible for Sphera’s core marketing strategy and shares responsibility to drive revenue growth at Sphera. Responsibilities include:
- Own positioning, messaging, branding, segmentation, marketing strategy, and creative direction;
- Be a great leader, coach, and manager to our marketing team;
- Define and drive exponential growth to the top line;
- Be a great partner to the rest of the executive team;
- Work closely with the CEO with regular marketing strategy and execution meetings;
- Optimize spend across various marketing channels;
- Continuously refine our comprehensive go-to-market plans across multiple geographies, channels, and market segments in collaboration with sales team leadership;
- Ensure excellence in marketing operations and integrated marketing campaign execution;
- Provide customer insights based on data and research.
- Experience of running marketing for $50M+ high growth software organization;
- Demonstrable experience of strategically positioning a company in competitive market and winning market share;
- Strong understanding of brand, inbound, and outbound marketing in enterprise software
- Proven experience in running all facets of a robust Marketing organization including content, creative, PR, events, product marketing, ABM, and SEO demand generation
- Experience in both transactional and enterprise go-to-market models;
- ROI-driven approach to marketing and a strong attention to detail;
- Clear, effective communication skills and experience in a collaborative, transparent, and hands-on environment;
- Good eye for design and creative assets;
- Low ego and high intellectual curiosity;
- Bachelor's degree is required, and an MBA is strongly preferred.