VP/Director, Acquisition Marketing at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a VP/Director, Acquisition Marketing?
The VP/Director, Acquisition Marketing will lead and manage the acquisition marketing function and will be responsible for expanding our customer base through demand generation strategies. The Acquisition Marketing Team develops and executes a cohesive marketing strategy across advertising channels to drive customer acquisition through effective campaigns. As a member of the Marketing Leadership Team, the VP/Director of Acquisition Marketing will also be responsible for driving cross-functional growth in partnership with our Creative Services, PR/Comms, and Lifecycle Marketing leaders.
What will you do?
- Create and implement paid media strategies that drive business value
- Manage media agency relationships and subsequent performance
- Manage our advertising budget and approve all advertising spend
- Build analytics and reporting capabilities to measure progress towards LTV:CAC goals for paid channels
- Build media plans for offline marketing channels and optimize media buys for all performance marketing channels (Direct mail, Paid Social, Search, podcasts)
- Build weekly and monthly report outs to optimize spend and share learnings between departments
- Optimize direct marketing funnel through A/B testing (copy, creative, behavioral UX)
- Partner with our Lifecycle Marketing team to create email marketing for all TOF and BOF conversion campaigns
- Own the marketing technology stack (Heap, Google Analytics, Pixels etc.) to support funnel performance and tracking
What do you need?
- A belief in our mission, alignment with our values, and enthusiasm in how you and your team will contribute to our vision
- Proven experience in performance marketing (paid social, paid search, display, affiliates) at significant scale
- Experience in leading a performance marketing function for a high-growth consumer tech company
- Experience building and scaling different acquisition channels, across online and offline
- Demonstrated people leadership capabilities including mentorship, hiring and leading
- Strong, established relationships with some of the major digital channel partners (Google, Facebook, et al)
- Hands on experience with robust marketing technology platforms and how to best utilize (e.g. data feeds, attribution software, DSPs)
- Strong marketing analytics capabilities that allow you to dive into the data and into our software to get insights to inform your team
- Enjoy building, refining and scaling key processes
- Strong (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills. Clear communicator that is collaborative and able to build strong relationships quickly
- Deep experience giving and receiving feedback as a means to foster alignment, effectiveness and inclusion
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- 401(K) contribution of 3%
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- And yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social