This role is responsible for maintaining and modifying the main website, erikson.edu (WordPress) and other sites (myerikson.edu—intranet), creating new pages and forms and editing existing pages and forms, designing, coding and testing content and function, striving to improve a visually appealing site that requires a more user-friendly design and clearer navigation to advance strategic goals of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the look and function of erikson.edu and myerikson.edu to ensure the sites fully support the marketing and communications objectives of the organization.
- Respond to organization-wide requests for website edits or additions, in close consultation with peers in Mar/Comm department, using a tech ticket system.
- Constantly seek to improve the websites by staying abreast of the latest trends and tools in the field, as well as latest compliance requirements.
- Oversee linkage of website to CRM programs like SLATE, ARLO and MailChimp.
The Web Developer reports directly to the Associate Director of Digital Marketing.
Bachelor’s degree in User Interface Development and Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or related field, experience creating and maintaining complex websites that include e-commerce elements, video, widgets, forms and other functionalities.
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Experience with WCAG compliance and optimization
- Familiarity with wpengine or similar CMS hosting platforms
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to work with staff across the organization
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce and other applications
- Strong skills in WordPress preferred; particularly with page blocks, forms, plugins, widgets, and Advanced Custom Fields.
- Familiarity with CRM systems like SLATE, ARLO and Raiser’s Edge; ability to link these programs to websites to create seamless user experience.
- Self-motivated, proactive, curious, collaborative, responsible and flexible
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Working independently as well as within a team, detail-oriented and able to take a project from conception through completion.
About Erikson Institute
We are the premier early childhood development organization committed to ensuring that all children have equitable opportunities to realize their potential.
Erikson Institute’s graduate school uniquely prepares child development, education, and social work leaders to improve the lives of young children and their families. Our impact and influence are further amplified through our innovative academic programs, applied research, direct services in the community, and advocacy and policy and leadership.
Erikson Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other classes protected by federal, state, or local laws. In addition, Erikson Institute provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws (including during the application or hiring process).
To learn more, please visit our web site at www.erikson.edu