2nd Shift NOC Analyst
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Performance Services team executes our “run” offering on behalf of our clients. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a NOC (Network Operations Center) Analyst to support West Monroe Partners' Performance Services clients. Our NOC operates 24/7, and we are hiring for all shifts. West Monroe Partners has clients that need support for their local and hosted infrastructure. The NOC Analyst will take part in the maintenance (i.e. patching/upgrades) and monitoring of all client environments, respond to alerts in the environment to troubleshoot the issue and remediate the problem, and assist with monthly availability reporting. The NOC Analyst will support server and network environments, including but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange, SQL databases, Citrix/VMWare, storage, firewall/switches, backup, and VoIP telephony.
This is a 2nd shift role with hours of 3:00pm- 1:30am on Wednesday- Saturday.
Demonstrate an understanding of technology as it pertains to infrastructure and applications and be able to maintain and monitor the environment, respond to client questions, and troubleshoot issues. Individuals must be able to discuss issues with the managed services clients and be able to effectively apply technology knowledge to a client situation or escalate issue to engineering staff. Individuals will be contributing to client satisfaction by providing clients with timely and responsive services and work products.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
- Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systemic fashion.
- Analyze each client's specific request and determine the underlying problem and escalate to engineering staff or recommend proper solution.
- Understand and execute standard process and procedures for change management for updating and maintaining client environments.
- Apply standard and custom monitoring sets to a client environment to make sure the entire client’s environment is being monitored. This includes developing custom scripts to help automate monitoring and deployment processes.
- Understand and execute standard escalation procedures with tier two support.
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and assist non-technical users with troubleshooting remotely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent require
- 6 months – 2 years of similar work experience or coursework
- Background in Windows server platforms including Windows Server operating systems
- Experience in infrastructure monitoring and management tools and system backup
- Base knowledge in networking and system connectivity.
- Background in Windows client operating systems and standard desktop applications (i.e. Outlook, Internet Explorer, anti-virus tools).
- Experience working with server management tools (backup, anti-virus, monitoring) preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.