After Hours Operations Manager at Echo Global Logistics
As part of the MT Ops management team, this position will focus on the supervision and leadership of Afterhours Account Executives. Additionally, the Afterhours Operations Manager works in partnership with MT Ops, PCM and Carrier Sales to help manage and focus on performing operational activities shared across the organization.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3pm-11:30pm CST
Saturday: 8am-4:30pm CST
Primary team responsibilities include:
- Support the business needs of key MT Ops and PCM accounts and managing all track and trace shipment exceptions and escalations.
- Knowledge on relevant modes of transportation (Air, Ocean, Small Parcel, LTL, TL, Partial, Flatbed, etc.) to provide effective solutions and client service
- Continually analyze accounts needs to determine efficiency and service level requirements
- Leverage operational support with other Shared Services teams to continually improve the efficiency of afterhours support
- Lead team members to drive efficiency and generate innovative ideas to remove operational obstacles
- Responsible for monitoring key performance indicators of the team and productivity trends
- Cultivate talent through teaching, coaching and developing the team on a weekly basis through team meetings and one-on-one sessions
- Build relationships with MT Ops, PCM and Carrier Sales through constant contact and advocacy by offering advice, solutions and proactive issue management
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives through weekly meetings with Senior Management, Directors and Account Management
- Analyze and report on monthly allocations
- Displays an expertise in Operations’ core functions, Echo’s systems and relevant modes of transportation
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Proven ability to develop strong partnerships with Account Stakeholders
- Dependable and accountable
- Exudes a positive attitude and supports department initiatives
- Flexible to evolve as department and company initiatives change
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.