Agency Account Executive
Sprout Social is looking for ambitious, experienced and tech savvy Account Executives with experience working with marketing and public relations agencies to join our Sales team. You should have a successful track record of exceeding new business quotas within an inside sales environment.
Additionally, you should be familiar with common agency business structures and you must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance sales culture, such as managing a large pipeline and delivering results against a quota.
Our Agency Sales team excels at building relationships with agencies of all sizes, empowering them to support their clients in deeper and more meaningful ways.
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000 brands worldwide including Zendesk, Pepsi, Google, Hyatt, and Evernote. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Working closely with marketing & public relations agencies to identify requirements and expectations in order to make tailored recommendations for the Sprout Social platform
- Understand complex customer requirements including the needs of prospects at different levels in the organization
- Strategize, negotiate and close business on a monthly cycle
- Clearly articulate Sprout Social value propositions to agency prospects over the phone and internet; including performing web demos of software
- Prioritize leads, research prospects and position Sprout Social within the context of a sales leads’ business requirements
- Thoroughly qualify all leads and sales opportunities
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to close new business
- Exceed activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Maximize value of leads by achieving high win rates and contract sizes
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4-6 years inside sales or account management experience in the technology or social media industry
- SaaS sales experience is desirable, specifically B2B or agency-related products
- Remote work experience preferred
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience making open-ended discovery calls
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!