Application Manager, Store Systems at Green Thumb
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:25 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, January 16, 2021
The Application Manager – Store Systems leads technical delivery of IT solutions for our retail stores. It includes managing the development and implementation of IT retail solutions namely POS, Loyalty, Kiosks, Delivery apps, and store web solutions, coordinating IT activities during new store openings, coordinating with vendors, and leading the implementations. This position requires a steadfast execution mindset, strong retail IT background, exceptional communication and collaboration skills and the ability to collaborate in a demanding environment while maintaining a composed, professional demeanor. A high degree of ownership, initiative, interaction and teamwork is required to be effective in the role. This role reports to the Director, Digital Transformation. This position requires an outside the box strategic thinker with the flexibility to manage the fast pace and unique challenges of the cannabis industry.Responsibilities
- Strategize with key business partners to ensure configuration, and functional needs of the retail stores applications are met, and overall system health.
- Advise on Vendor upgrades or updates to underlying code
- Advise on Vendor selection and relationship
- Maintain knowledge base system and help desk support
- Manage IT system setup for all new store openings and coordinates handover to support / business teams.
- Manages IT system setup for all new store openings and coordinates handover to support / business teams.
- Maintain Technical vendor relationship and be first line contact with key business partners when system is nonoperational
- Maintain integrations between third party vendors, monitoring data transfer and technical improvements
- Report system health, events, and KPIs on retail applications to key business partners and advise on improvement or deficiencies within the overall system.
- Coordinate with IT service delivery, IT operations and other key business partners for software deployment, updates, rollouts and all other IT aspects
- Understand Vendor upgrade road maps and how changes may impact the business
- Partner with Retail Operations on roadmap and prioritization of technical improvements and coordination across multiple vendors.
- Lead day-to-day retail IT operations for all on-premise, hosted, and cloud infrastructure, storage applications and vendor relationship
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams on the planning, implementation, and roll-out of associated programs and solutions.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners, including senior leadership teams, in order to propose and formulate solutions to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and business value
- Lead organizational changes that enhances the company's ability to accelerate growth
- Consistently and prudently manage program finances as per established standards to ensure action plans have approved funding and do not exceed program budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or a related field
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience managing on-premise or external IT Retail Solutions namely POS, Loyalty, Store Kiosks, and related consumer applications like clienteling, pickup & home delivery apps
- Strong Project Management experience. Preferably has Agile or PMP certification and tools like JIRA, Monday.com.
- Project delivery experience with technologies like React JS, Java and Postgres, mysql database.
- Experience in SAAS technologies like AWS, Azure including debugging applications in cloud environment.
- Experience with enterprise applications that directly impact store business operations including:
- Retail store operations across inventory management, ordering, receiving, storing, store & curbside pickup and home delivery process, and related Point-Of-Sale solution
- Home / curbside delivery solutions
- Store kiosks setup
- Preferred Seed2Sale – state mandated regulatory reporting system
- Experience managing development and implementation projects with external technology teams and internal IT teams, and business stake holders
- Familiarity with processes for managing cloud hosted solutions
- Exceptional organization and planning skills and process-driven thinking
- Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative outlook
- Experience with integration middleware for interfacing store solutions to eCommerce and ERP systems is preferred
- Experience with business process mapping is preferred
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Read Full Job Description