Application Security Analyst (IT Analyst II)
The Application Security Analyst is responsible for ensuring effective integration of Information Technology systems and services with the Information Security Program and Information Security Policy. The analyst will develop security information and event management including watch list, alerting and problem resolution. The individual will assist the Information Technology department develop a state of the art cybersecurity incident response program. This includes advance persistent threat, persistent threat, policies and program resilience pertaining to cybersecurity.
- Develops and executes operational activities that impact important components / processes of the specified IT work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of Security, Planning & Analysis, Strategy or Operations, such as:
- Developing and executing assigned high profile plans/programs to enhance/maximize consumer awareness, market share and support specified initiatives.
- Interpreting results and analyzing trends.
- Reviewing alignment of functional area strategies with assumed outcomes.
- Monitoring strategies of functional area and recommending / implementing adjustments.
- Contributing in planning and implementing a broad range of activities to meet objectives.
- Developing tactical plans.
- Preparing related program budgets.
- Participating in development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develops and enhances processes to support established standards. May design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Ensures that defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked, summarized and presented to management. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree or MBA Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience identifying operational issues, recommending, and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives). Knowledge of P&L.
- Experience working in the IT Industry