Application Security Analyst at NowSecure
Mobile Security Analyst
Come join NowSecure on our mission to save the world from unsafe mobile apps!
As a cyber security innovator, we are the leader in Mobile Application Security Testing. We literally wrote the book on mobile app forensics and testing. At NowSecure, we craft the industry’s most advanced appsec technology and deliver expert appsec services so our customers can protect their own business, their employees and their customers from insecure mobile apps. Our customers include the world’s largest banks, government agencies, and top brands that run on mobile. We are a dynamic team of advanced security researchers, software engineers, services experts, sales professionals, marketing gurus and financial managers that are looking for inspired, entrepreneurial and hard driving new team members to join us on our mission!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Understand the specific security details related to mobile apps, devices and operating systems
- Be familiar with industry standards as they relate to mobile, such as OWASP, CWE’s, and CVSS.
- Utilize hacking and pen testing techniques to target mobile apps and Web services, and test their security
- Examine transmitted and stored data for personally identifiable information (PII) and/or mobile application artifacts
- Present specific intelligence on the data risk profile of applications when in actual use
- Communicate about security with both end users and technical audiences
- Identify key strategies for remediation of vulnerabilities
- Create technically sound and actionable reports for customers
- Consult with developers to help them remediate vulnerabilities
- Continuously monitor the state of the mobile security industry with an eye towards innovation
- Work with our R&D team to assure continuous upgrades to existing offerings and the development of new cutting edge mobile security solutions
- Work in an agile and expedited project structure
Experience we’re looking for:
- 3+ years IT security experience
- Experience with Linux, command line, configuration and scripting
- Must demonstrate a strong fundamental understanding of security.
- Experience with reverse engineering mobile apps a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Applicable Certifications include: CISSP, OSCP, CHFI, CEH, GPEN, GWAPT
- Strong communication skills and a high level of professionalism
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and with a team
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary and incentive pay
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical, Childcare and Transportation
- Company paid STD, LTD and Life
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Unlimited PTO
Do you want to love where you work?
Amazing Tech: NowSecure delivers the most advanced mobile app security testing technology on the planet designed by the world’s most advanced security researchers and top engineering talent.
Top Customers: The world’s most skilled and demanding security teams depend on NowSecure.
Great Team: Smart, driven people powered by craftsmanship, leadership and teamwork at the core.
Get Things Done: At NowSecure, we move fast and with purpose to ensure our customers are always protected on mobile.
Location: Chicago, IL or Vienna, Va
FLSA Class: Exempt
Supervisor: Michael Krueger
Supervision Exercised: None
Travel Requirements: 10-20% for normal business needs
Work Environment - Normal office environment and/or home office workspace. Generally similar environment when visiting Company’s customer offices.
Strength Guidelines - Employee will be expected to lift, move and carry 10-15 lbs in the normal scope of work.
Motion Parameters - Employee will be expected to sit for long periods of time with the option to stand or walk (stretch). Employee may need to bend or squat when picking up items from the floor. Employee must have ability to type on a computer keyboard.
Vision and Hearing Requirements - Employee must be able to see a computer screen, read internal and external reports and summaries. There is a normal amount of background noise in the office environment. Employee must be able to see and hear video conferencing tools.
Emotional Demands - Employee must be able to understand, react and respond to quick decisions, must be able to read and write with a high level of grammar skill including the ability to read, understand and interpret technical information and data. On occasion, employee may have to speak publicly in company meetings and/or company led presentations, training and seminars.
Information Security Responsibilities
- Employee must follow all applicable policies in the Information Security Handbook, Master Information Security Policy and sub-policies, standards and procedures which are generally available to employee.
- Employee must maintain security of login credentials and information assets, and follow Data Classification policy regarding labelling and handling of Company data.
- Employee must report any security incidents pursuant to the Incident Response policy
- Employee must support information risk assessments, internal and external information security audit functions
- Employee must complete security training during on-boarding process as well as annually when arranged by the Company; and, maintain any certifications as required