Arity-Scrum Master (Remote - Home Based Worker) at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
As a member of the Operational Excellence team, you’ll help make sure the entire Arity team is enabled and empowered to get things done! It’s our job to ensure Arity is an industry leader both in terms of the products we offer, and by the way in which we deliver and deploy them to our customers. We are one-part business - for example, contracting with customers and suppliers, and one-part risk managers - tackling tough issues like data security and privacy. Our top candidate embraces ambiguity and change. He/she can see the big picture, understand all the implications that need to be addressed, and lead the team to overcome any hurdles to achieve Arity’s goals. Sound like you? Let’s talk!
The Scrum Master is the facilitator and coach for multiple Agile teams, responsible for helping the teams and management embrace Agile values, adopt and apply principles, and implement Agile practices. They reinforce and support the team rules within the Scrum framework or other process rules the team has agreed upon including Definition of Ready (DoR) and the Definition of Done (DoD). The Scrum Master Lead Consultant helps the teams apply Agile practices and fosters an environment for high-performance, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. They understand common Agile anti-patterns and utilize a variety of techniques and methods to address them.
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team and that the team understands and practices agility
- Facilitates Scrum events as needed, and reinforces the teams agreed upon rules including the definition of ready and done
- Finds techniques for effective backlog management, and ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the product backlog to maximize value
- Coaches the teams in scrum values and practices, self-organization, cross functionality, and empirical planning and development
- Helps the team create high value products by removing impediments, and protecting the team from distractions and complacency
- Applies scaling patterns with the teams to understand and coordinate cross-team dependencies and foster program collaboration
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement by helping team members take responsibility for their actions, facilitating the team retrospectives, and teaching problem-solving techniques
- Hosts and regularly contributes to Scrum Master CoP
- Facilitator for effective Agile workshops with multiple teams
- Mentor to junior scrum masters
- Communicates segment level impediments and scrum challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience 5 or more years of related experience
- CSM preferred
- Has practical experience working in software development environments, facilitating meetings and fostering collaboration across diverse groups of individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information across various levels of the enterprise
- Has knowledge and understanding of Agile values and principles (Agile Manifesto), and models agile habits and behaviors
- Can effectively support 2 teams at progressive maturity levels
- Understanding of agile anti-patterns and experience of methods to correct them
- Has knowledge and understanding of Scrum values, principles, Servant Leadership, and practices (Scrum Guide)
- Has experience influencing and coaching others in a professional setting
- Has basic knowledge of Dev-Ops and it’s benefits to Agility
- Has deep understanding of story writing and coaching the team to deliver valuable product increments
- Coaching PO within team to develop their understanding of their role in developing the product and steering the team
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $62,500 - $125,000. The salary offered is commensurate with experience
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment