We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We're looking for an experienced engineer to work on various application engineering programs, ensuring projects are completed on-time and in an efficient manner. These projects typically involve mechanical design, manufacturing engineering, and product design. The application engineer would be helping the client take physical products from concept to market through the whole process.
Fast Radius is unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
- Identify, source, set strategy, and onboard new external suppliers in Asia for manufacturing technologies such as CNC, Injection Molding, Sheet Metal, and Cast Urethane.
- Develop and optimize/manage supply chain value streams that are robust and scalable to support the business objectives
- Update, develop, & create actionable plans to reduce cost, inventory, and lead time from suppliers globally
- Establish effective supply partner relationships and lead key supplier quarterly business reviews (QBR’s) – manage metrics & performance of supply base.
- Work with key suppliers to create measurable value in optimized lead times, landed cost, quality, performance, flexibility, technology etc.
- Monitor and communicate significant changes in pricing, market drivers, and availability on key commodities, services, and raw materials
- Contract preparation, negotiation and oversight
- Design and optimize supply chain value streams for both released products & for upcoming unreleased customer projects, working closely with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering & Supply Chain.
- Work with Planning, Logistics, Inventory, Operations, and Production teams to set up systems and tools which promote customer OTD, inventory balance, and optimal cost, and throughput
- Experience working with global cross functional teams (Quality, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Sales)
- Experience executing strategies that optimize life cycle management of items cradle to grave, ensuring close ties to suppliers to effectively manage EoL (End of Life) components & market constraints such as allocations
- Evaluate and organize data, creating valuable insight which can be used to take immediate and long-term business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in operations, mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years related experience (including Asia, North America, and Europe supply chains)
- CNC, and Injection Molding, Sheet Metal, Cast Urethane Supplier procurement experience preferred across multiple manufacturing locations (domestic and international)
- Practice and promote a very collaborative and team-based service approach while demonstrating exceptional individual contributions
- Possess a pragmatic, hands on approach with a bias for action
- Demonstrable, excellent negotiation skills and business acumen
- Able to effectively present information and sell ideas to key decision makers
- Strong working knowledge of ERP Systems
- Advanced use Word, Excel (formula / Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, Smartsheets.
- Ability to analyze data and create reports which accurately reflect the state of the business
- Bilingual Mandarin Chinese and English strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- Up to 50% global travel (Able to travel to China, other parts of Asia, Europe)
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description