Asset and Configuration Management Lead at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
Job Duties include, but are not limited to, supporting the following activities:
- Responsible to work with business stakeholders to successfully manage and maintain the data integrity and completeness of the IT asset inventories (Asset Management Database, Software Asset Management and Configuration Management Database).
- Maintain (physical/logical) data models to ensure accurate CI (Configuration Item) data and Service mappings are provided to defined Service Management Processes, for e.g. Change Management, Incident Mgmt., Problem Mgmt. and CSDM.
- Acts as a liaison between the development and operations teams to communicate changes and expected issues in production environment for asset and configuration management.
- Responsible for software asset portfolio with respect to acquisition, request fulfillment under SLA, utilization, tracking, compliance and final disposition of assets.
- Manage contracts and relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance and service offerings.
- Responsible to collect information for budgeting, software compliance and inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons.
- Responsible for reporting/analyzing software installations versus software licenses.
- Identifies opportunities for process enhancements and efficiency gains.
- Participation in defining requirements, processes and procedures for asset and configuration management strategies for the enterprise.
- Participation in ongoing improvement initiatives to automate and achieve operational excellence.
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs.
- Responsible for analysis that assists with the management of maintenance, support and license renewals in advance of their expiration.
- Maintaining an hardware inventory of assets within the appropriate management systems and ensure assets are properly documented (i.e. serial number, asset tag, name, etc.).
- Submitting purchase requests for new software and hardware assets and related supplies as needed.
- Coordinating with the enterprise procurement and accounting areas and vendors on ordering, receiving and invoicing of software/hardware assets.
- Providing support to IT and Legal areas in the contract management areas of RFI/RFP, vendor selection, contract negotiation and contract administration for assets.
- Providing reporting (scheduled and ad hoc) as need to support the ITAM Governance activities.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years hands on Hardware, Software and CMDB experience.
- 5+ years hands on Hardware and Software purchasing experience.
- Deep knowledge of Configuration Management practices.
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to use ServiceNow platform.
- Broad knowledge of IT Asset Management and Discovery tools.
- Broad knowledge of application and service mappings in the CMDB.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks/projects to required deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and Proven researching ability.
- Effective judgement in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Builds Trust, Innovate and problem solving skills.
- Ability to research hardware, software and CMDB trends.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.