Morningstar’s products transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed tools that delight our clients. The product management, product development, sales and service teams collaborate with our Customer Success group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
Morningstar is seeking an Associate Customer Success Manager for the Morningstar Direct, Office, or Enterprise Customer Success teams. As an Associate Customer Success Manager on either the Direct, Office, or Enterprise Customer Success team, you will own a book of business and assist our senior accounts by providing world-class service to institutional clients through supporting client interactions and training opportunities. This role will interact extensively with clients at asset management, investment consulting, insurance, wealth management, and plan sponsor companies that use Morningstar’s institutional products. The Associate Customer Success Managers combine a thorough understanding of Morningstar’s products with strong investment knowledge and business acumen to help clients maximize the value they receive from Morningstar’s products and build their brand loyalty. This position requires quarterly or as needed client-facing travel within assigned accounts and is based in the Chicago, New York, or Boston area, depending on the specific Customer Success team requirements.
- Serve as a single point of contact for post-sales services and ongoing relationship support for assigned clients/client contacts.
- Conduct end-to-end customer lifecycle activities, including but not limited to initial product demonstrations, implementations, training, building retention plans for at-risk clients, proactive outreach to deepen client engagement, renewal preparations, and ensuring service level standards (per client service level agreements) are met.
- Partner with Senior Customer Success Managers to drive high-touch customer success initiatives with strategic tier 1 accounts and be responsible for case reporting work of these strategic accounts.
- Educate clients about our software functionality and features, data, research methodology, and industry trends.
- Collaborate on retention strategies with Senior Customer Success Managers for top tier accounts by supporting usage initiatives.
- Answer a variety of product, investment, and technical questions on the spot where possible, or act as issue owner and collaborate with other internal resources as necessary until an issue is resolved and communicated to the client.
- Build superior product knowledge and consultative account management skills.
- Collaborate with Morningstar’s data operations group, product managers, sales team, and internal service consultants to ensure the voice of the customer and client satisfaction implications are being appropriately represented in product roadmap discussions and resolve issues promptly.
- A deep and relentless customer service focus with a confirmed ability to build long-term client relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, a quantitative aptitude, advanced organizational skills, and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, strategic, and creative thinker with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and project management.
- Possess a minimum of one to five years of customer service, training, or sales experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to present technical information to clients with sophisticated investment knowledge and business experience.
- A thorough understanding of investment data and financial analysis. Prior experience supporting financial practices, licensed data content, or financial software solutions is desirable.
- A bachelor`s degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus.