Associate Global Security Operations Center Coordinator at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Work shift: To be determined, but may be first, second or third shift.
What You’ll Do
- Handle incoming communications including routine and emergency calls. Coordinate security responses to activities and incidents.
- Identify, assess and coordinate the response to incidents that have the potential to adversely impact the Company. Escalate and disseminate incident information to management and stakeholders.
How You’ll Do It
- Responds to inquiries, intakes reports of security-related issues, and coordinates response in link with procedures, job aids, and guidelines.
- Monitors proprietary software, external intelligence feeds/alerts, access control, and video monitoring systems to identify and assess incidents with the potential to impact the Company.
- Leverages Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), radio, access control, and video monitoring systems to facilitate security response to general requests, emergencies, and incidents with the potential to impact the Company.
- Escalates and notifies management and stakeholders of significant security incidents and events.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience in Law Enforcement, Military, Emergency Management, Corporate Security, Intelligence, Business or related field
- Typing 40+ WPM
Bonus Points If You Have
- Associate’s Degree in Security and Intelligence, Business, Social Sciences, Law or related field
- 1+ years of experience in Customer Service
- 2+ years of experience in Emergency Management or Security Operations; Previous experience working in a Global Security Operations Center or dispatch environment; Law Enforcement, Military, Emergency Management, Call Center, Travel Assistance or related field
- FEMA, Emergency Management, or ASIS courses completed
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.