Associate, Life Sciences Strategy & Operations at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Life Sciences Strategy & Operations team advances Tempus’ partnerships with global biopharmaceutical companies through thoughtful engagement with client stakeholders and identification of opportunities to apply Tempus data sets toward their research and drug development initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Act as client-facing liaison between clients and internal Tempus stakeholders in order to advance their efforts to apply Tempus data sets toward research, clinical and/or commercial programs
- Craft thoughtful and relevant proposals to drive forward our clients’ most pressing asset development questions. Maintain clean, high-quality collateral to pitch and propose Tempus services
- Optimize workflows with a focus on enabling sales and sales enablement processes to scale
- Contribute ideas and expertise to organizational initiatives to enhance product offerings and optimize go-to-market strategies
Desired background and experience
- Demonstrated interest in the ‘business’ side of science through prior professional or extracurricular experiences. Prior work in industries related to Life Sciences, NGS, or oncology is a plus
- Strong communication skills and comfort with presenting technical information to clients. You should feel capable of adapting your message to suit the level of experience or seniority of your audience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative mindset in order to maximize Tempus market penetration amongst competition
- Commitment to the success of the team and organization through application of a ‘team-first’, collaborative attitude
- Skillful at working both independently and in team settings and comfortable with prioritizing multiple competing tasks
- 1+ years of industry experience in a related field (pharmaceutical / biotech, life sciences-focused consulting or banking)
- Degree or relevant experience in cancer biology, molecular biology, immunology, bioengineering, computational biology, or related field highly preferred
- MBA or related business certificate is a plus