The Associate Principle, IT Planning & Analytics role is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the IT Cost Transparency module in Apptio. This Technology Business Management (TBM) platform provides executives with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of IT Services. A successful candidate will have with a strong technology and financial management background. This role will also play a part in the administrative oversight of technology budget planning and forecasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, configures, validates, and maintains IT Cost Transparency reports within the Apptio application
- Model complex business problems, discover business insights, and identify opportunities through the use of mining and visualization techniques
- Imports, transforms, and cleanses data in Apptio on a monthly basis (i.e. GL, Workday, Project Costing, ServiceNow CMDB, etc.)
- Troubleshoots data issues and understands how data feeds impact the application
- Participates in review process to ensure overall budget/forecast consolidation and review.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous work experience in Technology Business Management or IT Finance required
- Experience financially modeling IT expenses such as application total cost of ownership (TCO) and business capability TCO, preferred. Preferred cost modeling experience would include data centers, network, end user compute, storage, virtual environments, application development, and IT operations.
- Previous work experience in a highly regulated, capital markets company preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization
- Highly motivated individual that assumes ownership of their projects. Ability to provide solutions that meet the business objectives and deliver on time, on budget, with a high degree of quality
- Experience with Apptio or detailed IT cost models required
- Strong data transformation skills using MS Excel required
- Expert with numbers, above-average analytical skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Finance, or related field
- MBA or related graduate level course work a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience