Associate Principal, IT Portfolio and Resource Management at OCC
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the largest equity derivatives organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
What We Need
This position drives the Technology workforce strategy and optimizes the available resources with the organization’s demands. Analyzes resource utilization; explores creative solutions to resource allocation; and upskill strategy for IT to align to the Technology roadmap. Manages relationships, and acts as liaison between PMO, product teams, and other stakeholders from Intake to Delivery. Leads and directs the staff and activities of assigned portfolio(s). Partners with the IT Leadership team and IT Managers to bring forward key insights, to co-create solutions, and lead to improved data-driven decision making.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
What You will Do
- Partners with business and IT leaders throughout their assigned portfolio(s) to understand business operations and needs, in order to provide thought leadership and support.
- Reports to Executives as well as C-suite leaders on performance and metrics of key initiatives within the Technology portfolio(s).
- Acts as a strong advocate for Technology when collaborating across Corporate Development and Project Management Office on the approach and coordination across the enterprise portfolio
- Identifies, based on supply / demand, current and future work resource needs, including permanent headcount and contractors
- Prepares and presents monthly portfolio reviews and ensures the product teams are aligned and prepared to represent variances and escalation needs.
- Ensures that teams within their portfolio develop, manage, and maintain comprehensive, accurate plans and schedules and resourcing, as well as perform estimation, forecasting, planning, analysis, issue / risk / change management, and escalation management.
- Ensures efforts continue to align with business case and benefits through delivery.
- Uses a holistic approach to ensure business needs are achieved by advocating for stakeholders and product teams. Ensures deliverables are in synch with stakeholder and portfolio goals.
- Identifies cost / benefit of IT portfolio to properly identify gaps in bottom line
- Prepares, manages, and reports on budget and performance of financials for assigned portfolio(s) in partnership with Finance.
- Creates, maintains, socializes, and enforces budget and forecasting processes. Improves overall delivery model through consistent feedback loop and Information sharing.
- Drives the strategy and maturity of the Technology workforce planning, demand management and portfolio management processes and tooling.
- Provides subject matter expertise on best practices and stays up to date on trends and developments within Project Delivery, Agile, CI/CD, emerging technologies/tools
- Establish forums that drive visibility across teams, address scope and priorities, and raise risks, issues or roadblocks. Facilitate cross team collaboration to mitigate coordination challenges.
Qualification and Skills:
- Proficiency with Project Delivery tools including Project Server, MS Project, Jira, Apptio, and Tableau
- Strong ability to see how a diverse set of efforts can be successfully managed as a cohesive program.
- Strong acumen for developing data visualizations and insights that drive action
- Proven experience working in an environment with multiple large, complex portfolios across multiple functions.
- Proven experience successfully managing business and technical resources under an integrated project plan to ensure the alignment of resources.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with peers, clients, IT management, and subordinates in a cross functional team. Ability to present and contextualize information and data that can be consumed by senior leaders and C-Suite executives.
- Proven experience managing and mentoring staff in a matrixed organization and providing performance feedback. Proven ability to lead and motivate others in accomplishing goals.
- Excellent understanding of project financial management, including internally developed software capitalization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of ten years’ diverse experience in multiple areas of technology including project / program leadership and previous supervisory/management experience.
- PMP and/or Agile certifications preferred but not required with related hands on delivery experience