Support the architecture, design and governance of a secure infrastructure ecosystem, focused on automation and proactive IaaS security best practices in collaboration with the Security Services and CEP team. Lead the process of architecting cloud security technologies, native AWS monitoring and auditing services, and improved cloud security governance and control.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, operations and infrastructure teams to analyse Platform/Security change control Processes, Controls and Guardrails à Support Director in defining areas for improvement and strategic roadmaps
- Coordinate and support Platform team with security observation remediation
- Work to reduce cycle time on remediating security observations within platform automation team, and eventually additional cloud and enterprise platform teams
- Support automation for incident response and to prevent problem recurrence
- Assess the production security readiness of services we plan to deploy
- Define and track operational metrics for departmental work on security issues
- Architect and support operationalization of shared security services and tools to improve automated monitoring capabilities (AWS Security Hub, Config, Inspector, Guard Duty, Audit Manager, etc.)
- Contribute to the team’s continuous improvement through research, retrospectives, discussion groups and roadmaps
- Provide leadership within the team by guiding and mentoring junior members, and preparing stories
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Experience with managing and operating large-scale systems
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Able to succeed in fast-paced environment with frequent changes
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable mentoring/leading resources informally (scrum)
- Strong documentation skills
- Analytical problem-solving approach
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds
Technical Skills: (preferred/required)
- Required: Experience managing infrastructure on prem and in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Required: Experience providing visibility using monitoring and alerting tools like Splunk
- Required: Background in IT-Security/Risk/Governance, controls
- Preferred: AWS Cloud Practitioner, Solution Architect certification etc.
- Preferred: Experience with NIST-CSF, COBIT control families
- Preferred: Experience with Terraform and Infrastructure as Code
- Preferred: Experience with using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Travis, Harness, Spinnaker, Appveyor, CodeBuild or CodePipeline.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Security/IT Risk/Governance or related field
- Preferred: AWS Cloud Practitioner certification
- Preferred: AWS Solution Architect (associate) certification