Auto Physical Damage Estimator at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
Auto Physical Damage Estimators have the important and unique role of helping Clearcover customers during one of the moments that matters most: When they must file an insurance claim. Our Claims Representatives are empathetic, patient people who love connecting with and helping customers. Clearcover Claims Representatives remain calm under pressure, thrive on the challenge of turning frowns upside-down, and have a passion for creating lifelong customer relationships. Going above and beyond for a customer is our standard mode of operation, which has empowered Clearcover to drive customer satisfaction that far exceeds the P&C insurance industry standard.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is excited to join a fast-paced, startup culture.
What will you do?
- Write a fair and accurate estimate and/or total loss valuation based off photos
- Investigate the claim for potential coverage issues
- Address customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, and follow up to ensure the resolution of claims issues
- Fanatically monitor and manage incoming and outgoing customer interactions via email, chat, text, and phone
- Contribute to process and product information in the team's Knowledge Base
- Identify and assess customers’ needs through relatively unstructured interaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
What do you need?
- Estimating experience preferred
- Experience using Mitchell Estimating software is preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding of the repair process, parts usage, and collision industry
- Adjuster or Estimator license is a plus
- Demonstrated customer support/success experience or experience as a client service representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient to negativity
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- College degree preferred
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, or chat
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.