Automotive Field Rep - Chicago, IL
Do you know your cars? Have a keen eye for attention to detail?
AutoVIN, The Automated Vehicle Information Network, provides professional field information and technology services that go beyond the boundaries of the competition. AutoVIN is looking for qualified Field Representatives to process data accurately and deliver actionable results in a timely manner. Primary duties include performing vehicle inspections and conducting floor plan audits of automobile dealerships. Field Representatives work independently in assigned geographic territory to perform AutoVIN field services, including inventory verification audits and both physical and mechanical inspections of vehicles.
Paid Time Off Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options Wellness Program Employee Assistance Program Disability, Life, and AD&D Insurance Company Match 401(k) Employee Stock Purchasing Program Employee Development Geared Towards your Career Goals
- Inspect vehicles at lease maturity using customer provided excess wear and tear standards to determine damage assessment.
- Confirm preset appointment time and inspection location with lessees.
- Inspections may be performed at an auto dealership or a lessee's home or office.
- Inspect vehicles for signs of wear, tear, neglect, damage or structural damage.
- Report results to lessee and customer at conclusion of inspection.
- Follow AutoVIN procedures for conducting all vehicle inspections.
- Assist in inspection of daily rental vehicles at Marshalling Yards based upon inventory levels on an as needed basis.
- Perform floor plan audits of automobile dealerships and equipment dealers.
- Ensure floor planned inventory is physically present or otherwise accounted for by review of dealer sales documents or records.
- Perform inventory reconciliation and reporting of audit results to customers after the audit.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
One (1) to two (2) years of experience in at least one of the following areas: Automotive Technician, customer service, collections, automobile dealership or body shop, inventory management, financial floorplan auditing, automotive remarketing, vehicle inspection. Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills along with customer service skills are required. Extensive local travel is required using personal vehicle (reimbursed by the company). 20% overnight travel to assist in other areas, as needed.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's license.
- Proof of insurance is required
- Ideal candidate needs to be detail oriented, possess excellent customer service and communication skills, be well versed in basic computer operation and have an above average knowledge of automobiles including both body and mechanical system and components.
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. KAR is a drug-free workplace