AV Specialist and Systems Administrator
Sprout Social is looking for a AV Specialist and Systems Administrator with experience building and maintaining AV systems and environments to join the team responsible for providing technical assistance and user support to our entire organization. Our IT team is responsible for ensuring that we support the internal systems and tools that our employees utilize, while at the same time providing a world-class user experience to ensure the success of our employees. Our employees’ user experience is incredibly important to us, and with 50+ conference rooms across multiple offices and 30+ events a month, our AV and streaming capabilities are an integral part of that experience.
We’re looking for a quick learner and collaborative team player who understands the importance of support and wants to contribute towards improving and enhancing our tools and services. You’ll be responsible for maintaining all our AV systems and equipment in a thoughtful manner and will be encouraged to provide feedback and improve our processes as it pertains to our users’ experience. In addition, while the focus of this role is on AV equipment and event support, you will also participate in all other areas of the IT Service Desk Team and end user support..
If you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and love solving hard problems through technology, we’d love to talk with you!
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Learn our existing tooling and technologies and begin taking on a variety of AV event and user support requests.
- Work with the internal Service Desk team to identify some of the potential areas of improvement.
- Become knowledgeable on various technical procedures pertaining to: onboarding/offboarding, event hosting, inventory management, and customer service.
- Understand our conference room technologies and begin to provide support surrounding these physical locations.
- Participate in team meetings and bring your ideas to the table.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with your manager and teammates to create and prioritize quarterly team goals.
- Begin to take ownership of our AV systems and event hosting responsibilities across the organization.
- Begin making recommendations for building or otherwise improving our AV and streaming capabilities.
- Become an expert on answering, prioritizing, and escalating support tickets for the organization.
- Participate in our desk build-outs and breakdowns as it pertains to our onboarding/offboarding initiatives.
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Coordinate and work with our external vendors to improve AV capabilities across all of our offices.
- Participate in the maintenance the upkeep of our IT and AV fleet.
- Assess and upgrade users’ equipment as it pertains to our policies and goals.
- Take ownership of ensuring all reported AV failures are resolved in a timely manner.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be a go-to expert on all Event and IT support tickets across the organization and be the face of the IT team.
- Be the primary person in charge of all event setup as it relates to our technology.
- Take ownership of our acquisition and maintenance of our inventory.
- Continuously improve and maintain the various conference room and AV systems, adapting to changing requirements and needs throughout our offices.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to contribute to Sprout IT and our user experience in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members