Back Office Product Manager
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a Back Office Operations Requirements Manager to support ISP retirement and the modernization of the Back Office tools to build an extraordinary Employee Experience for our restaurant staff. This role will lead the business requirements definition, UA functional testing, new product pilots and assistance in training and change management tools for Back Office applications and technology initiatives to the restaurants.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of delivering on time, project planning, process development, and communication expertise complimented by a strong operations and technology background. Need to maintain strong relationships with field, home office and vendor partners. Major accountabilities include serving as a liaison to the field for the testing, deployment and support of the Back Office application suite, as well as, associated planning, UAT and field testing, field communications, development & execution of training materials, as well as, field support and leading critical issues.
- 5+ years’ experience with McDonald’s with Back of House | Employee Experience of the Future (EEOTF), POS and in-restaurant technology solutions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and maintain positive relationships with partner groups (e.g. Back Office IT, USORT, Operations, Regional Deployment Leads, OTMs, McOpCo, Operators, Restaurant Managers).
- Strong background in managing projects, planning, establishing effective processes and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong customer focused orientation
- McDonald’s Restaurant Management Experience
- Experience deploying McDonald’s business or technology initiatives
- Confirmed ability to prioritize multiple projects/issues with a high degree of complexity in a fast paced changing environment
- Work closely and negotiate solutions with a wide variety of partners being flexible on approach while remaining adamant about getting it right for our restaurants
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Confirmed analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative thinker able to look to the future beyond the ways things have typically been done
- Restaurant Operations’ knowledge & experience highly preferred
- Strong, proven track record of Partnership, Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork required
- Ability to lead and collaborate with a diverse work group
- Excellent decision-making skills required
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You will lead business requirements for internal & key external partners for the functional business requirements of our various back office platforms and access management applications.
- The Restaurant Solutions – Operations Requirements - Back Office Requirements Team collaborates with leadership licensee Owner/Operators and key McOpCo (company-operated restaurants) personnel, in addition to key business functions partners including US Security, US Controller Group, US Finance, US Franchising among others, to provide business solutions for our restaurants.
- You will prioritize requirements based upon business & deployment needs.
- You will have the ability to comprehend complex multi-system dependencies and visualize potential gaps / breaks in processes during the early requirements planning, prior to development work and will need to provide examples of said capabilities.
- This resource is the “Field-Facing” voice of form and functionality to key groups such as the Operations Technology Managers (OTM’s), Field Implementation Technology Directors (FID’s), Restaurant Technology Board (RTB) Back Office Sub Team & other key partners.
- Ability to “dig in” beyond the obvious & clearly identify both the current and long-term business needs and benefit of the solution or functionality by asking the tough questions while weighing the greater needs of the U.S. Business.
- You should have familiarity with and / or exposure to Global Account Management (GAM) systems and an understanding of general account provisioning for access management.
- The selected candidate will be the key Operational liaison between field input and interaction with the IdM ePMO Leads for IdM 2.0, providing critical linkage between desired functionality, business needs, and scope of work.
- Must be proficient in communicating often | effectively | with candor as appropriate, within Operations Requirements – Back Office Team, individual members, and across / with multi-function teams.
- Provides Co-Leadership with Owner/Operator Co-Lead of our existing field-based US Restaurant Technology Board (RTB) Back of House (BOH) Identity Management Sub-Team.
- Act in accordance with our Bigger, Bolder Vision 2020 Vision: which is Customer Obsessed. Must be capable of Thinking and Operating with a Change Mindset
- Gather, build and lead functional requirements with a focus on, intuitive solutions allowing us to simplify back office processes and require minimized and / or little to no user training
- Define end users of the business requirements; how they plan to use the functionality; and the proposed benefits.
- Work directly with key operator and field technology representatives such as; the US Restaurant Technology Board (RTB), the Operations Technology Managers, the Field Implementation Technology Directors
- Define and complete User Acceptance Training of solutions with key support resources.
- Must be able to identify and balance both risk / reward of progress over excellence relative to deployment when reporting results to Leadership.