Benefits Administrator at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for an experienced Benefits Administrator to join our growing Benefits Team within our People Operations organization. This role will support the end-to-end administration of our benefits programs and provide customer service to our rapidly-growing, global team.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, including new hire enrollments, life events, and terminations, and leave of absence support.
- Complete regular audits to ensure employee benefit coverage and payroll deductions are accurate.
- Partner with carriers, brokers, and internal finance team to gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Assist with benefits queries from Braze employees through multiple channels including Gmail and Slack.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits records and partner with payroll team to update employee payroll records.
- Prepare payroll files for processing by compiling and formatting multiple complex data sets.
- Document, maintain, and streamline administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a scrappy and detail-obsessed specialist who knows their way around a spreadsheet, has previous benefits administration experience, and has a passion for customer service. The right person will be system and process minded, with an exceptional ability to think critically and drive efficiency.
- 1+ years benefits administration experience.
- Professional, customer-service minded work style.
- Ability to remain organized and work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Intermediate / advanced proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets, including pivot tables, basic calculations, VLOOKUPs, and compiling, organizing and analyzing multiple data sets.
- General knowledge of medical insurance plans and employee benefits programs.
- General knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- General computer skills including experience with excel/google sheets, slack, benefits administration systems.
- Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to problem solve.
- Experience managing the administration of leave of absence policies.
- Benefits system experience (Workday)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.