Benefits Client Service Representative I (Entry-level) at Paylocity
Not an expert in benefits? No problem! We will train you to be a SME in the Paylocity Benefits platform as you grow with our team. The Benefits Client Service Representative will act as the primary point of contact for an assigned base of Benefits clients, serving as their dedicated resource for benefit product support. Our team looks to exceed client expectations daily so timely and efficient response to their support needs is imperative.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer technical and non-technical support to clients in an effort to facilitate their use of Benefits.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to trouble-shoot and resolve benefit questions for your clients.
- Research and resolve client issues in a timely manner, drawing resources from internal departments when necessary.
- Provide prompt courteous service to all external and internal customers.
- Facilitate client meetings.
- Work overtime as needed, especially during Fall/Winter open enrollment season.
- Partner with clients to manage open enrollment projects.
- Coordinate with internal team members (i.e. Analysts) on projects such as open enrollment to meet client deadlines and expectations.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
This position offers a competitive hourly wage.
What you bring:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Self-starter and quick learner. You will need to exercise independent judgment in setting your own priorities and workflow.
- Comfortable with heavy client contact.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to learn new software easily.
- Ability to tolerate a busy and sometimes stressful environment.
- Willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks and projects independently.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with web-based applications and MS Office programs required; solid understanding of Excel is a plus.
- Working knowledge of health and welfare benefit concepts as well as experience with on-line benefit enrollment products is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus two years of related experience with proven skills in customer service.
Who you are:
- Multi-tasking – We work in a matrix environment meaning that you will be working on more than one client at a time although each client may have different needs. The ability to multi-task is essential as you shift focus from one client to another.
- Attention to detail – Working in a matrix environment, attention to detail is key to your success at Paylocity.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem-solving/analytical ability
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to manage change.
- Basic project management skills
- Customer focus and ability to manage client interactions in an effort to maintain client retention rates.
- Proficiency in MS office.
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Benefit CSR's are currently working remotely. Benefit CSR's will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.