BI Support Analyst
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Technology team utilizes the latest technological trends to effectively build and manage solutions in an informal, open and collaborative environment.
The BI Support Analyst is responsible for providing 1st line support for users of our Business Systems. The role will work in a collaborative team environment and be responsible for addressing clients’ BI issues and providing advice and training on BI systems.
Success in the role will see you as becoming the technical expert in the solution ensuring that business users from Camelot, the state of Illinois, and our vendors get the maximum value out of our systems. You will quickly address any minor issues and be the conduit for escalation and coordination of fixes to the systems.
- Provide 1st line support for Big Data Platform, CRM and Analytic Applications.
- Provide BI application support to clients, vendors, and employees supporting new projects from development all the way through to production.
- Work with vendors and 2nd and 3rd line support teams to resolve complex issues such as:
- Issues with data feeds coming from our suppliers
- Reporting discrepancies within and between systems
- Track and manage performance and production issues
- Address business intelligence queries and issues in a timely fashion.
- Assist in design and generation of reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor and optimize performance and make recommendations for functional and non-functional improvements.
- Create and maintain documentation for all business intelligence processes and software
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required in a quantitative field
- 1-3 plus years of related experience.
- Experience working with Data Warehouse technologies and understanding of data models.
- Experience working with and creating data visualizations
- Writing queries in SQL/PostgreSQL
- Proficient in Excel: manipulating and reformatting data, pivot tables, advanced formulas, and data structure in the context of spreadsheets
- Strong analytical skills. Collect and research data; Use intuition and experience to complement data.
- Strong problem solving skills. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer service focused. Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and strong customer focus.
- Quick to adapt new processes and technologies
- Technical writing abilities—being able to convey technological concepts to less technical audiences
- Working with BI software such as Qlik, Tableau, or Spotfire
- Experience in ranking prioritization of multiple initiatives
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience of Big Data technologies such as Hive and working with semi structured data e.g JSON.
- Understanding of IT security concepts.
- Passion for data and continuous quality improvement.
- Some exposure to system management and reporting systems is an advantage e.g. SNMP/IBM Tivoli/Sitescope.
- Understanding of access rights and permissions.
- Ability to login to host, navigate to appropriate area of file system.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.