Bilingual Customer Advocate - Portuguese
We are looking for an all-star Bilingual (Portuguese) Customer Advocate to join our Support Team in our Chicago office. Our highly motivated and driven Support Team acts as Sprout’s resident product experts, helping our 20,000 customers answer the toughest of questions and solve problems on our platforms every day. Over the past 7+ years, our Support Team has built one of the most impressive customer service reputations in the industry by providing solutions-oriented service that aims to surprise and delight. We are looking for your drive and creative technical problem-solving skills to contribute to and enhance our level of service and commitment to our customers.
If you possess excellent people skills, the desire to dive deep into new technology, and have superior troubleshooting and problem-solving chops, please apply!
*Please note: We are looking for folks who are the big fish in their current pond and ready to take their skills, experience, and Customer Support career to the next level!
- Own customer issues through various channels, such as live chat, email, phone, and social, from start to finish.
- Effectively triage and troubleshoot incoming issues to determine severity; escalate when needed.
- Prioritize issues for escalation and serve as informational liaison to various parties, providing key updates and relevant intel.
- Be a powerhouse resource internally and externally, serve as a resident product expert while maintaining exceptional knowledge of the product through continual feature updates and offerings.
- Chronicle new and useful knowledge by creating and updating internal documentation, collectively owning the title of Wiki Master as a team.
- Contribute to team goals by focusing on CSAT ratings, response, and resolution times.
Desired Characteristics, Skills and Experience
- Must have professional-level native-speaker fluency in Portuguese for written and verbal communication.
- Spanish fluency (written and verbal) is a plus, but not necessary to apply for this role.
- 1-3 years of customer-facing experience is required (SaaS Industry experience a plus).
- Proactive self-starter with a curious mind and strong initiative to solve tough problems and constantly make improvements.
- Challenge-driven, goal-oriented, and capable of handling emergency/crisis situations.
- Ability to be resourceful with impressive critical thinking skills, wearing many different hats and juggling conversations between channels comfortably.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Driven by a desire to help people and passion for teaching technology to others.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and act as a team player.
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, and/or Atlassian tools is a plus but not required.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!