If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing
The Manufacturing Build Manager is responsible for leading a cross functional team
that manufactures low volume custom products.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising a staff of production associates
- Coordinating build readiness activities between Engineering, Project Leads and other production operations.
- Expediting engineering builds from procurement through ship
- Managing shared resources to meet project timelines and production build schedules.
- Developing SME level knowledge of department processes in order to meet operational objectives.
- Establishing priorities and communicating those priorities to the production team.
- Promoting a culture of continual improvement.
- Working knowledge of electronics production environments (SMT, assembly, test, etc)
- Understanding of an electronics NPI environment.
- Ability to handle multiple programs simultaneously in a matrixed organization.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply advanced project management skills, PMP certification is a plus
- Computer skills; experience with MS Office Tools including Microsoft Project.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field plus 4 years experience in manufacturing or project management or 10+ years experience in manufacturing or project management.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.