Business Analyst Pharmacy & Retail Operations at Walgreens
Business Analyst Pharmacy & Retail Operations
Responsible for collecting and summarizing data that will assist Pharmacy and Retail Operations management in both long- and short-range strategic planning, and the development and implementation of programs. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to all aspects of Pharmacy and Retail Operations. Analyzing data to develop cost benefits of proposed programs through collection and data. Work on projects in Pharmacy and Retail Operations including process improvement, strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning.
- Responsible for collecting and summarizing data that will assist Pharmacy and Retail Operations management in both long- and short-range strategic planning, and the development and implementation of programs.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and practices pertaining to all aspects of Pharmacy and Retail Operations within the Retail Hub.
- Analyzes corresponding data to effectively recommend system and operational procedure changes, enhancements, development of functional specifications or interface opportunities with costs and or return on investment summarized.
- Serves as operation point of contact for various projects to drive project execution. Communicates relevant project information to stakeholders, both corporately and in the field.
- Collects, analyzes, makes specific recommendations, and presents information pertaining to proposed programs to meet the business and strategic goals of Pharmacy and Retail Operations and Company.
- Plans, designs and deploys appropriate reports and tools.
- Collaborates across Pharmacy and Retail Operations, IT, legal and regulatory, process improvement teams, and others, to develop operational solutions.
Walgreens Disclaimer -
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions OR a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Retail Pharmacy Experience