Ascension Technologies is HIRING a Business Architect to join the Enterprise Architecture team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team engaged in the reimagining of healthcare leveraging a digital-first patient-centered approach across the care continuum.
Enterprise Architecture (EA) is the interconnected systems of business, information, application, infrastructure, and security architectures that collectively implement the business capabilities required to accomplish business goals. Ascension Technologies Enterprise Architecture’s vision is to be the connective tissue between business strategy and technology decision-making by nurturing the partnership and collaboration between the business and Ascension Technologies.
This role will focus in the area of customer, provider and associate engagement as part of Ascension’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) vertical, helping define the enterprise architecture patterns and engagement approaches for multiple types of business models and care delivery settings.
The successful candidate will partner with the business and other Ascension Technologies teams in defining robust integrated technology platforms and solutions designed to solve complex business problems, in support of Ascension strategic imperatives. Focused in specific business domain(s), the Business Architect will translate business needs into standard business capabilities, architectural patterns and roadmaps, exploring the ability to leverage existing technology investments as a first step. The ability to look broadly across the business and technology landscapes, successfully interfacing with senior executives, establishing strong trusted relationships, will be key.
What You Will Do
Business Architects are specialists with in-depth knowledge and expertise within their particular business domain(s). The Business Architect is engaged early on when a business technology need is first identified. They help assess the need, documenting key architectural, process, integration and cost considerations, creating a unified point of view to guide decision-making. This work is translated into strategic, actionable roadmaps which outline the business and technology path forward.
Working with other architects, the Business Architect provides consulting support to ensure the solutions being designed fit into the broader architectural landscape and technology ecosystem, meeting defined Enterprise Architecture standards. The Business Architect also supports organization application rationalization efforts to standardize technology solutions as well as reduce the overall technology portfolio based on key performance metrics and other business drivers.
Accountabilities: Detail by Level
- Works closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization to define strategies, points of view, roadmaps, workflows, reference architectures, and other deliverables to support technology selection, implementation, integration, and management.
- Responsible for architecting solutions for each of the functional areas within their respective domain(s) or business horizontal(s).
- Responsible for understanding dependencies between technology platforms and product(s) required to deliver a specified business solution.
- Works closely with partners inside and outside IT and across business communities in assessing technology requirements and identifying potential technology solutions, always assessing existing technology investments as a first step.
- Participates in cross-functional teams for developing and implementing new processes, standards and high level requirements. Works in conjunction with applications, security, legal, compliance, operations, engineering and other areas as necessary. .
- Works with Ascension Technologies teams to decompose requirements and identify impacted teams in alignment with agile processes.
- Designs, develops, modifies and adapts short and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) assessing new and existing applications and systems architecture.
- Applies business expertise to business problems to create high level application and end user system requirements.
- Works with solution architecture to make recommendations as needed.
- Contributes to the creation of business driven technology roadmaps.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Fundamental Skills & Abilities
- Understand a business unit’s desired end state business model including business strategy, offerings, operations and structure.
- Identify core business capabilities and processes, the entities that interact with those capabilities, and the interactions between these core business capabilities
- Gather, analyze and articulate high-level business capabilities & requirements
- Decompose a business request into meaningful capabilities and processes
- Identify the logical technology components that support the Business Architecture
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to ascertain business value from technology requests
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and gray spaces.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, prioritization and relationship management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, conflict management and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, presentation and facilitation
- Ability to produce high quality work products under pressure and within deadlines
What You Will Need
Bachelor's degree in engineering/computer science or related field preferred; minimum of 3 - 5 or more years of experience devising and deploying solution designs and/or software development; experience working in a large global IT environment strongly preferred.
- Must have experience at a large technology products and services organization. Ideal candidate possesses at least two years of consecutive relationship management experience
- Three or more years experience in an information technology discipline with increasing responsibility.
- Salesforce experience is strongly preferred.
- Healthcare IT experience preferred, ideally encompassing a broad range of business areas, care delivery settings, including related processes, integration and solution exposure.
- Agile experience preferred (at scale)
- Familiarity with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and architecture modeling tools a plus (e.g. Abacus, IBIS, Orbus iServer, MEGA, LeanIX, etc.)
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.