Care Advocate at Sittercity
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. Recognized as a Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built in Chicago, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide. We're also incredibly excited to have joined the Bright Horizons family. Child care is essential for letting parents get back to work and keeping our economy functioning. Sittercity and Bright Horizons are coming together to strengthen our mission to make child care finally work!
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a full-time Care Advocate (called a Family Concierge) to support our team, helping families navigate finding care for their family. As a Care Advocate, you’ll utilize your organizational, problem-solving, and people skills to provide real-time support to our network of families. In this role, you’ll be responsible for conducting needs assessment and researching the best resources in meeting a customer’s needs. As a Care Advocate, you will have the opportunity to create long-term relationships with families throughout various stages of parenthood, from newborns to young adult support.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced culture and can also make thoughtful decisions. This individual is a customer first person and likes to jump into details to inform decisions. You are curious, creative, and oriented towards developing excellent solutions. You are a people person.
- Commit to making sure each and every customer has a fantastic experience through excellent listening and parent partnership skills
- Grow to understand core needs of the families you support to then provide proactive solutions, content and advice
- Provide phone, email, and chat support by guiding families through Sittercity and Bright Horizon’s service offerings or helping to direct families to other child care related benefits
- Research and contact potential local resources within our family of companies that meet family needs
- Provide recruiting assistance for finding caregivers
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction goals and Service Level Agreement metrics
- 5+ years relevant professional experience
- Background in care fields, social work or related fields preferred, but not required
- You are proactive, solution oriented, entrepreneurial
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail and a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Innovative problem solver who can find creative solutions to customer needs, and is comfortable making decisions with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a customer-centric point of view and understand how to uphold a kind tone across all contact channels
- Must be positive, goal oriented and able to work well independently as well as on a team
- Strong customer service, technical, computer, and written skills
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. Due to COVID-19, this will start as a remote role with the potential to eventually rejoin our team in our Chicago office.
Benefits and perks:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Open personal time off policy
- Industry-leading paternal leave
- Great benefits package, including; health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) match
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees