Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered in Chicago and is on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a superb app and world-class operations, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, the Central Operations team is focused on building best-in-class processes and systems in order to run our business more efficiently at scale. Our team works with all functions across the business in order to problem solve and help enable our restaurant partners and delivery partners to succeed with Chowbus.
The Restaurants Operations Manager is responsible for improving the efficiency of Chowbus’ restaurant onboarding process and optimizing restaurant performance on the platform. The Restaurant Operations Manager is a true owner and operator of their area. This role involves analyzing data and building and optimizing processes in order to enable restaurant partners to succeed on Chowbus’ platform. A successful candidate for this role excels in a cross functional environment, is analytical, is comfortable making strategic decisions in a rapidly-changing environment, and has a bias toward action.
- Incubate, optimize, scale and manage all operations related to restaurant activities
- Collaborate with the Sales and Account Management Team and City General Managers to ensure smooth lines of communication between the Central Operations team and relevant restaurant stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improvement through data analysis and rapidly implement them.
- Discover new problems and opportunities, prioritize and dive head first into solving them
- Work with senior management and Product teams to implement software updates that enhance restaurant performance.
We are excited if you...
- Have at least 4+ years of experience managing operations and/or project teams focused on operational initiatives.
- Have a 4 year degree; an MBA or Master’s degree in business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a track record of operational success and advancing to roles with increased responsibility and impact.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from operational metrics and making data-driven decisions. SQL proficiency is a plus.
- Have a partner-first mindset and prioritize their experience in making business decisions.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.