- OppLoans is a socially responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $100M+ in AUMs.
- Recent accolades include being named one of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for nationally by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
What You Get to Do:
The Chat Advocate is responsible for communicating with customers via live chat and answering questions pertaining to the loan application process. Your day will consist of responding to general questions, uploading emailed documents, and/or requesting additional documents as needed.
- Drive business through excellent customer service at every step of the lending process.
- Build relationships via electronic communication.
- Review and evaluate client’s financial documents and research financial history.
- Collaborate with Underwriters and Loan Advocates to process loan applications in an expedited fashion.
- Identify process bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and suggest improvements.
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding the application process.
- Answer chats in a timely manner.
- Work within multiple chats simultaneously.
- Identify useful documents required for the application process.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to type 40 to 60 wpm.
- Ability to multitask between chats.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Strong knowledge base and understanding in financial lending industry.
- Team player, willing to help in all situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Confident in managing and working with others.
- Adaptable to rapid change.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.