Chief Operating Officer, Technology at Morningstar
The Role: We're looking for an experienced COO to help lead our technology transformation. Reporting to the CTO, you'll be a self-starter with 15-20 years of experience operating global organizations. You'll oversee the day-to-day operations of the technology organization and ensure we are executing on our strategic plan. As a member of global technology leadership team, the COO will be responsible for partnering with our global technology leaders to enhance our operational effectiveness and develop our technology people, thus driving growth of product and services excellence and operational productivity. This position is based out of our Chicago office.
- Partner with CTO and technology leaders to help enhance overall effectiveness and impact of the technology organization.
- Ensure smooth operations of global strategic projects, including M&A and location identification strategy.
- Ensure smooth operations by optimally structuring the technology organization, establishing a successful rhythm for reporting and communication to team members and key stakeholders, coordinating regular business reviews, and championing our talent and staffing goals.
- Effectively manage the budgeting and finance process, with a keen focus on transparency on our cost allocation and charge back processes. You'll also manage our strategic vendors (i.e. Zemoga).
- Coordinate and sponsor technology events such as internal town halls, offsite planning meetings and hackathons.
- Ensure P&L/Functional CTO leader goals align with overall technology goals.
- Develop learning programs to continuously advance the impact of the technology team.
- Help define, develop, and publicize Morningstar's Technology Brand, including building partnerships with academia and external organizations for experimentation and innovation, and identifying external speaking opportunities for Morningstar technology leaders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year university.
- 15+ years of effectively managing globally distributed teams.
- Solid understanding and appreciation of modern technology.
- Deep knowledge of business principles and risk assessment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills, with the strong ability to influence.
- A solid organizational foundation and process-oriented mindset.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity