Chief of Staff to CFO at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We are looking for a Chief of Staff, reporting to the Head of Finance Strategy and ESG, dotted line to the CFO!
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better
As Chief of Staff (COS) to the CFO, you will work side by side with our CFO, often in confidence, serving as a critical extension of her vision, leadership and voice. You will connect dots, elevate insights and trends, and generate ideas. You will be a key driver of any number of strategic initiatives and you will help shape and amplify the intent and the messaging of the CFO, both internally and externally.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work closely with our CFO, Finance Leadership and other executives to align strategies, objectives and activities
- Collaborate with leadership to develop annual and multi-year objectives that align with company-wide goals
- Be in the know; attend high-level meetings with our executive team, customers, investors and board members from which you will develop actions, strategies and deliverables on behalf of the CFO.
Communicate & Drive Change:
- Champion the purpose and culture of Finance and the company
- Partner with Communications to project-manage internal and external communications from the CFO (internal / external, social media feeds, blogs, email, etc.)
- Communicate CFO priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met
- Establish excellent working relationships with the Finance Leadership and other senior executives
Drive Learning & Development:
- Lead ServiceNow's Finance Department’s learning and development strategy and execution, both internal to Finance and in partnership with company learning and development initiatives
- Develop programmatic career pathing and development across Finance, including developing and managing succession plans for Finance Leadership and key roles
- Track and report a portfolio of priorities and objectives across Finance, ensuring objectives are achieved
- Work with CFO and others on presentations for executives, Board and various external constituents (including investors), working cross-functionally to develop appropriate content and messaging
- Create any number of complex business case-type presentations – analyzing data, determining how best to present the information, and creating the slides
- Own programming CFO staff meetings to maximum effectiveness, including agenda, notes, actions, and reporting
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects
- Work closely with CFO’s executive assistant to develop a process to effectively manage the CFO’s time
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10-12+ years total work experience; prior experience as a Chief of Staff is important
- Tech industry and finance functional experience
- Discretion, executive presence, strong verbal, and written communication skills
- Superb leadership and influencing skills
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams, either in a direct or indirect/matrixed capacity
- Ability to motivate others, drive collaboration, teaming & resolve conflict between diverse stakeholder groups
- Problem-solver mindset
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive – must thrive in a dynamic environment
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.