Chief of Staff, Commercial at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Chief of Staff is charged with directly supporting the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) as well as the Commercial Organization at large. They will be a thought partner to the CCO on all matters, from how to operationalize and prioritize the team, to strategy development and execution. You will help turn ideas and strategy into execution through goal setting exercises, developing and optimizing business reporting mechanisms, leading communications across the senior Commercial Leadership Team.
In this role, you will be the glue to connect all the parts of the Commercial Organization help the CCO look around corners! It’s key this person has the soft skills and judgment to quickly understand the climate and engagement of the organization then be able to build tools, forums, and programs to strengthen and accelerate the team.What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a strategic problem-solver who is an effective influencer and who has an eye for business! They will need to deeply understand Affirm’s business and rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal candidate has a combination of strategy, operations, and technology experience, and is able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. This is a high visibility role and executive presence and communication skills are essential.What you’ll do:
- Directly support the CCO day to day by planning, prioritizing, and executing on critical needs and requirements of the business
- Support and interact with executive leadership and key partners in supporting the development of business processes, inclusive of long-term goals and objectives and facilitate Commercial Leadership team collaboration
- Support the planning process for the Commercial team and be a trusted and critical adviser to the CCO and relevant partners during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- Program manage sophisticated Commercial initiatives and launches (i.e., set process, deadlines, deliverables) end-to-end
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners across the team and the company.
- Run team meetings efficiently and effectively, with the skills to connect dots and influence key decisions
- 8+ years of work experience in management consulting, sales analytics, sales operations, or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar).
- BA/BS in a relevant field (Operations Management and Systems Engineering is a plus).
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively (PMP certification is a plus).
- Practical working experience in growth strategy implementation, strategic planning, sophisticated financial analysis.
- Demonstrated abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners.
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey intricate ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Experience in building positive relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences).
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.