Chief of Staff to the CSO
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as an adviser to the CSO, planning and directing all administrative, financial, and operational activities.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making
- Work with the CSO to identify / manage / resolve issues and develop major goals
- Act as a point of contact or gatekeeper between top management and other stakeholders.
- Represent the CISO in relevant meetings, discussions, and conference calls
- Work with the CSO to lead global strategy development and drive practice maturity
- Prepare internal briefings on the program operations, strategy, and initiatives
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials for key leadership meetings
- Oversee the execution of the strategic and operational plans
- Approve policies developed within various sub-functions and departments.
- Manage ad hoc requests / questions from Relativity leadership
- Previous experience in a Chief of Staff role is preferred
- Experience working in a highly matrixed technology focused environment with a specific background in information security is preferred
- An understanding of the nature and dynamics of the emerging Cyber Security field globally is preferred
- Superior communication and project management skills
- Ability to work independently under pressure with competing priorities while consistently producing best-in-class deliverables
- Ability to interact and influence all levels within the company, particularly leadership
- Works well under time pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Key Personal Qualities:
- Organized. You love keeping lists. You are prepared to discuss what’s coming up at any time.
- Detail oriented. You have an eye for details and are thorough in everything you do. You proofread your work several times over
- Confidentiality. You must maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Professional relationship builder. You represent the CSO in every action you take and should be conscious of that as you build relationships throughout the organization.
- Strong work ethic. Ability to collaborate and get work done in a quick and efficient way
- Receptive to feedback. You seek out help and feedback when you need it, and adapt to any advice received
- Other Important Qualities:
- Willing to push back. You will get lots of requests for the CSO- must have the ability to politely push back. You also should be willing to push back on her.
- Comfortable with change & ambiguity. Candidate should be comfortable working in an environment of constant change and should also be able to work confidently with a certain level of ambiguity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A proven go-getter with demonstrated ability to deliver on your commitments.
- 3-5 years in a role supporting an executive, technology industry preferred
- Knowledge of or interest in security industry preferred
- Bachelor's Degree