Chief of Staff to the President, North America
Strategy, Accountability, Ownership. Does this sound like your next great opportunity?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you would like to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The North America business which consists of the our Local, Goods and Travel businesses drives billions in revenue annually, supporting long-term growth and innovation at Groupon.
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to the President of the North America business. You will report directly to the President and works closely with the executive team to monitor, develop, and execute the strategic plans for the business. Additionally, we need you to take ownership of numerous ad hoc programs that either fall between or cover multiple VP organizations. Finally, this role serves as a potential pipeline to senior operational roles at Groupon.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
What the day-to-day of the job looks like:
- You will be responsible for developing, monitoring and executing the strategic business plan focused on our North American business
- You will have operational and executional ownership of programs that span multiple organizations
- Lead the annual business planning process and work intimately with the leadership to shape strategic priorities
- Ensure collaboration across the entire Groupon organization to advance our strategic priorities and ensure business results are delivered
- You will work closely with HR partners to handle staffing for the North America organization to ensure appropriate resource allocation and achievement of Groupon talent objectives
- Partner with North America Finance team to develop and track annual SG&A budget
- You will partner with the Customer Service organization to monitor key performance metrics, improve processes and adapt policies with the goal of reducing refunds and improving the customer experience
- You will create business performance and strategic priority updates for the C-level executive team
We're excited about you if you have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy
- A highly analytical, strategic and structured thinker who can influence parties across a matrixed organization
- Strong project management skills to drive and implement multiple projects and ideas in a changing environment with limited supervision
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively via keyboard and in person
- Experience navigating business organizations, managing and negotiating optimal solutions across all parties
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations with ease
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can easily handle risk and uncertainty
- Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.