Store Code: Technical Projects (27163)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The PDL Chief of Staff Technology Lead is responsible for planning, prioritizing, directing and guiding technical solutions of all critical Technology key initiatives and projects in collaboration with PDL Digital & eCommerce functional leaders and all stakeholders. Acts as the central liaison between the PDL Technology Team and other key stakeholders. The Lead will have financial oversight, in excess of $100M, and look for ways to seize new opportunities and reduce costs. The position will be responsible for overseeing and measuring resource labor utilization as it pertains to utilization for a resource pool of over 350 technical professionals. Encourage, advocate and lead skills building university to align with organization skill set needed to continue to be competitive in the marketplace. Oversight of onboarding and executing contracts and building relationships with third party vendors.. Advisor to the PDL Technology Executive Lead and ensure all lines of communication with the executives are clear, organized and effectively disseminated to all appropriate parties.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Strong communication skills with senior level executives both written and presentation.
- Continuously knowledgeable about competitive and industry best practices, technologies and features that improve operational productivity, cost reduction and margin improvement.
- Passionate in leading teams and providing guidance to best practices and mentoring individuals to align with goals and initiatives.
- Act as a conduit between the Product and Development teams to insure the best use of resources and budgets.
- Work independently and with financial teams on oversight of Portfolio and department budget(s) and meet business targets
- Ability to mentor and create an environment of learning and data sharing throughout IT teams.
- Guides and ensures all pertinent business topics and objectives are documented, discussed, and shared with all appropriate leadership and stakeholders on a regular basis through regularly scheduled leadership meetings and, as necessary, deep-dive solutioning sessions.
- Knowledgeable in audit, compliance and contract management to oversee execution and provide guidance to team
- Partners closely with the PDL Technology & Product teams to solution and implement strategic digital & eCommerce initiatives to AD USA brands.
- Lead select digital and/or eCommerce projects by partnering with necessary resources in PDL, RBS, and the Brands to ensure a successful, on time, and on budget solutions that serves the needs of the customers and the enterprise.
- Designs and implements execution plans for technical solutions in special projects that require additional oversight or increased executive awareness.
- Develop executive messaging related to the plans and progress of select digital and eCommerce offerings and help define how they come to life within the AD USA brands.
- Partners with legal to ensure all licensing, commercial terms, and contracts comply with all requirements to implement digital and eCommerce the brands.
- Requires travel – typically 15 - 20%
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in progressive leadership roles in digital strategy, product management, financials, or consulting.
- Outstanding leader with proven success leading a team in a multi-location environment with excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to influence and create outcomes without direct authority.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills. Ability to lead organizational behavioral change toward increased collaboration and accountability.
- Extensive experience and judgment to align financial and human capital resource to execute
- initiatives and accomplish goals.
- Experience in leading complex corporate change in the face of new digital technologies.
- Analytical and Strategic Mindset: This role will have demonstrated expertise in Technology insights, coupled with strong intuition. He/she will lead a culture that values speed, data and quantitative results.
- Strong Business Acumen: This role will have a broad business skill-set that includes:
- Ability to understand the landscape in which Company competes: competition, distributors, risks and upcoming challenges.
- An understanding of how data, markets and teams support the overarching strategy.
- Connect initiatives across the organization and share relevant information that impacts the enterprise.
- Ability to identify digital systems and customer experience opportunities for improvement, develop recommendations and clearly present both the opportunities for improvements and potential solutions to key stakeholders
- Influencing Skills: Working in an environment that considers the customer at the “center of everything,” this role will have:
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and simply communicate complex digital solutions to persuade external and internal constituents through compelling vision and monetized benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate and rapidly build relationships and collaborate effectively.
- The ability to influence multiple stakeholders, especially senior leadership teams.
- The ability to persuade external and internal constituents through compelling.
- Demonstrated strength of conviction when faced with resistance and perseverance.
- Proven record of thought leadership and driving organizational and business transformation aligned with enterprise strategies.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: In a role that requires frequent cross-departmental collaboration, this role will have:
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence especially when thoughts/ideas are challenged by peers or senior leadership
- An ability to effectively communicate across different levels of leadership of an organization, particularly communication that yields stronger working relationships and builds confidence and trust in the analytics, reporting and recommendations provided by their team
- Demonstrated a personal acceptance of change and the ability to adapt and drive change throughout the organization.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong knowledge of the Grocery business
- Deep knowledge of eCommerce business and technical practices including aspects of:
- Digital/Product Management
- Analytics & Data Science
- In-depth experience with enterprise-level digital solutions and how various systems integrate to crate the strongest customer experience.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of digital products (mobile/web) and eCommerce platform infrastructure.
- Successful track record of exploring and researching upcoming and 3rd party technologies for viability within our existing capabilities and customer experience improvement opportunities.
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery experience.
- Understanding and experience with Agile development processes and SDLC
- Cross-functional leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to build and guide cross-functional teams often in remote locations.
- Demonstrated success strengthening research and insights expertise through strong leadership and strategic thinking about innovation and customer engagement.
- Experience leading during organizational change management
- Cross-functional leadership experience interacting with IT to successfully roll-out new digital solutions including software and 3rd party agreements.
- Proven Management leader - Strong interpersonal skills; presentation experience to small and large groups both internally and externally, and strong leadership presence
- Broad understanding of eCommerce business processes and interdependencies
- Proven track record in working collaboratively across functional areas to drive results
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 10475_external_USA-IL-Chicago