Chief of Staff at Pampered Chef
This newly created position will plan and direct administrative and operational activities for Pampered Chef’s Executive team. The Chief of Staff will organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the Executive team to facilitate efficient decision making. Additionally, this team member will play a key role in strategy implementation and key decision making across Pampered Chef. The Chief of Staff will hold broad content knowledge across departments, utilizing this effectively implement our global strategic objectives. This role is critical in connecting the dots across projects, people, and departments to improve decision-making and make the organization operate better as a whole. Beyond sharing facts, the Chief of Staff can add value by integrating explicit knowledge of the business with exposure to topical business issues in order to provide relevant insights or feedback. In summary, by working closely with Pampered Chef’s executive team, this leader will drive improvements in the overall business through influence over Pampered Chef processes, people and strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for executive team leadership meeting cadence and process, encouraging discussion, debate and major decision making
- Point-of-contact, liaison and resource for executive team, senior leadership and organizational stakeholders – acting as advisor and advocate as necessary
- Responsible for implementation and execution of Pampered Chef annual strategic objectives
- Core team member of annual strategic planning process
- Continuous assessment of company-wide process improvement: assess, redesign and manage key corporate processes; a neutral party to design, run or weigh in on cross-functional collaboration
- Benchmark and incorporate best practices from other Berkshire Hathaway companies and third parties.
- Act as an owner by finding opportunities to create value across Pampered Chef
- Partner with global cross functional individuals and teams to drive a higher level of strategic acumen across the organization
- Ownership over portfolio of initiatives, as necessary, to solve for organization gaps or turbocharging important initiatives
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity - continuously and relentlessly pursue new methods, processes and ways of thinking to deliver improved efficiency and decision-making
- Business insight
- Drives Results
- Balances Stakeholders
- Communicates Effectively
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field. MBA preferred
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders, preferable in a global atmosphere.
- Experience analyzing issues and making recommendations to resolve issues.