WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
The Chief of Staff is a high-visibility strategic partner that leads the coordination and strategic alignment of the Desk. The person is responsible for streamlining projects and conducting leadership level internal and external initiatives that have very significant impact on the team’s business objectives.
- Operate at a tactical, strategic and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility.
- Own all things related to tracking of goals, milestones, and employees connected to each goal; ensure communication processes completed when goals are achieved; scheduling and coordination of celebrations
- Managing the Head of Desk schedule, scheduling meetings and planning travel
- Planning, coordinating and keeping contents of a meeting focused as well as follow up and action items
- Develop presentations and communications to the organization.
- Connect teams that are working on similar initiatives.
- Serve as owner/main point of contact for all stakeholders in onboarding and transfer processes
- Additional responsibilities as periodically assigned.
Chief of Staff Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field, MBA or Masters preferred
- 5 years of experience in communicating, aligning, and managing internal stakeholders across multiple levels, including executive leadership
- 3+ years of experience in a Chief of Staff or Executive Assistant capacity.
- Strong knowledge of the business, finance and analytics.
- Demonstrated drive for results through a history of achievements and strategy.
- Ability to take initiative and work in an unstructured, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to structure a compelling storyline and build presentation decks/briefing documents that support the narrative.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, analytical, and written skills with attention to detail.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.