Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
At G2.com, we’ve experienced incredible growth as our vision for consumerizing business technology buying and selling has been coming to life. We’ve grown over 100% p.a. to become a global 300+ person team that serves millions of business technology buyers and thousands of leading technology vendors with our G2 review platform.
We’re led by a winning team of proven entrepreneurs that have built winning companies sold to Salesforce and Oracle and have already created well over $1 billion in value and well over 1,000 amazing jobs. We’re backed by $100M in venture and growth capital from leading Silicon Valley (Accel, IVP, Emergence), Chicago (Pritzker, Hyde Park, Chicago Ventures) ,and angel investors (incl. Mike Gamson, Thomas Lehrman, Andrew Filipowski).
We’re now searching for a highly qualified chief of staff to work closely with our CEO and leadership team to help us “blitzscale” our company to global market leadership as we aspire to build a meaningful public company with a PEAK culture over the next few years.
From day one, the chief of staff will have an immediate impact by amplifying the impact and leverage of our CEO and helping us lead our company more efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level communication, effective project and program management and global business and corporate development
- Partner with CEO to lead the company. Help CEO drive and improve our management meeting process and cadence including the definition and follow-through on our corporate and functional V2MOMs (Vision, Values, Methods, Obstacles, Metrics).
- Partner with CEO and G2 leadership to ensure all internal meetings are well prepared with well synthesized analysis and concise recommendations prepared and shared in advance of all meetings with CEO.
- Capture and partner with G2 team members to ensure effective follow-up on key decisions and recommendations made by CEO in internal meetings.
- Participate in CEO external meetings and own follow-ups on business opportunities that may emerge. Ensure effective follow-up by G2 leaders and teams on these new business opportunities.
- Drive certain key strategic initiatives and cross-functional projects including vetting and defining potential strategic customer relationships, strategic partnerships, M&A and investment opportunities.
- Partner with CEO to continuously improve and optimize our communication and leadership processes including internal allhands and leadership communications and ensure we continuously capture feedback to keep improving.
- Assist the CEO and partner with Employee Success in recruiting key leaders and 10x individual contributors human resources department with new hires.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications. At times represent CEO in meetings.
- Partner with CEO to optimize his schedule and focus and potentially assist in certain investments and board relationships beyond G2 to define our “Go Big” strategy.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS in technical/business field and MBA from top tier university
- 5+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, and/or operational role in a leading technology company
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent executive communicator in written and verbal form
- Proven ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects
- High aptitude and desire to learn how to build winning businesses
- Willingness to travel extensively and do whatever it takes to help the company win