Chief of Staff
Signal is looking for a high performing Chief of Staff to help us build and champion Signal’s processes, technology, culture and values. You will have previous experience working in a fast paced, changing environment and possess strong people, leadership and operational skills with demonstrated success in building a high-performance organization. The successful candidate will be an effective organizational design guru who enjoys taking a methodical/analytical approach to process implementations and projects. This key communicator will fully embrace the Chief of Staff role and dive into ways for us to continuously analyze and evolve.
As Chief of Staff, you will report directly to the CEO. You will be the right-hand to the CEO and focus on two primary areas: program/project management and strategic business/product initiatives. On program/project management, you will align the organization and make sure key projects are moving forward. You will coordinate communications, run meetings and help establish and run the quarterly KPI management process. On strategic business and/or product initiatives, you will own key workstreams and see them through from inception to execution. You will play a key role in board meeting preparation and analysis and will help prepare presentations for both internal and external communications. You will act as the CEO proxy, amplifying her impact by attending meetings she can’t and acting as her voice and authority in those meetings.
So what else will you be doing?
- Identify and facilitate Signal’s strategic and operational goals, uphold our vision, and champion our company values.
- You will own multiple key functions relating to process improvements and projects.
- Plan key weekly meetings, including executive meetings. Ensure all prep work is completed on time, and disseminate written summaries with clear action items and follow-up on deliverables.
- Shape business goals and build roadmaps for companywide and cross-functional strategic endeavors from ideation to execution.
- Evaluate performance on a monthly and quarterly basis with KPIs
- Assist in developing Signals budget, forecasting, and operating plans.
- Architect a communication system so all employees have access to clear department priority alignment.
- Develop materials and presentations in partnership with the CEO for the board of director meetings.
- Plan and execute offsites (as warranted) to continue solidifying our core competencies.
- Most importantly help to build and maintain our company culture, loyalty and enthusiasm among Signalites as we continue to grow and evolve.
What you bring
- 5+ years experience at a top tier consulting firm or investment bank or operations experience at a high growth SaaS company.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Results-driven and a trusted partner; an individual who can produce outcomes and build credibility quickly.
- A thinker and a doer. You’re seriously great at implementing tactical and strategic solutions in a changing environment.
- Able to quickly learn about Signal, our technology, people and culture
- Ability to present stats, facts, and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Be a proven relationship builder, especially with senior leadership
- Passionate and empathetic. You care about the team and it shows.
- Phenomenal communication skills. You also know how to give and receive good news, bad news, suggestions, and feedback.
- Amazing project management skills. You are able to keep track of tight deadlines with lots of moving parts and still have the presence of mind to have fun along the way.
- Keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize, analyze and resolve issues.
- Able to quickly learn about Signal, our technology, people and culture.
What’s in it for you:
Play a key role in building a dynamic business with a clear point of view that enables Brands to understand their customers and – importantly - maintain control of their data. We believe in code quality, testing, peer reviews, collaboration. We believe in using the best tool for the job. We love open-source, open communication and have created an environment where we treat people like adults, give them big problems to solve and the power to solve them.
To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
Signal is the leading independent provider of data onboarding and identity resolution technology for the enterprise. Signal’s platform empowers marketers to enhance their customer experience by providing contextual relevance at all points of engagement, regardless of place or time.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world generating more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, appearing on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing companies each year between 2015 and 2018.
For more information, please visit: www.signal.co and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status