The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a Senior Claims Adjuster with first-party property claims experience to join our growing claims team. Since we tackle insurance differently, we want you to draw on your expertise in Florida residential property claims while helping us to continue to innovate on behalf of Kin’s customers and our stakeholders.
A day in the life could include:
- Examining and appropriately interpreting insureds’ policies, forms in force and other records to determine coverage and extent of company’s liability
- Communicating and corresponding with customers throughout the Claims process while providing high quality customer service
- Drafting, approving and adjusting estimates of damage and loss amounts
- Using varying methods of investigation, including taking recorded statements, consulting with police, inspecting property damage, and reviewing documentation
- Estimating cost of repair, replacement, or compensation
- Writing clear, concise diary notes, setting field assignments, setting and saving contacts, and issuing payments
- Appropriately applying knowledge of multiple state statutes, including the insurance code of ethics, rules, regulations, and guidelines
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 3+ years of first-party property claims adjusting experience
- 2+ years of experience working directly for a carrier
- Working knowledge of Florida insurance laws and Florida good faith claims handling experience
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Data-driven, analytical approach
- Vendor management and negotiation experience
- Technical savviness, and familiarity with estimating tools such as Xactimate
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.