Claims AVP / Director Zone Leader (West Coast) at Clearcover (Remote)
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is the Claims Associate Vice President/Director Zone Leader (West Coast)?
The Claims Zone Leader (West Coast) has a unique opportunity to help construct a team to better serve Clearcover customers from the ground up. The role will grow the claims operation and lead other leaders in daily claims operations. Our Claims Zone leaders are empathetic, patient people who love connecting with and helping our team serve customers.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is excited to join a fast-paced, startup culture.
What will you do as the Claims Associate Vice President/Director Zone Leader (West Coast)?
- Grow the claims operation in the designated regions
- Provide in-depth reporting on claims metrics and communicate results to executive leadership
- Present overview of regional performance during regular business reviews
- Identify areas of opportunity within the zone to enhance the customer experience
- Support state launch initiatives
- Manages all claims activities with established claims policy and procedures
- Coordinate large loss reviews within the zone
- Subject matter expert on auto estimating, bodily injury evaluation, internal tools, regulatory compliance, and claims payment processing
- Identify and assess internal trends for efficiency gains and process improvement
- Oversees the selection, evaluation, compensation, transfer, and termination of claims personnel, in accordance with established personnel policies and practices
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring, and negotiating claims partner relationships
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, follow up to ensure resolution
- Maintain knowledge base of training materials, standard procedures, and shared partner guidelines
- Support Clearcover quality assurance initiatives
- Ability to obtain and maintain an adjuster’s license as required
- During periods of peak volume, manage large amounts of incoming and outgoing customer interactions (calls, texts, chats, social media outreach)
- Develop individual performance SLAs and drive commitment to and maintenance of outstanding performance
- Work with Legal Department on claims resolution strategies
What do you need as a Claims Associate Vice President/Director Zone Leader (West Coast)?
- Bachelor's Degree, or commensurate work experience
- A minimum of 10-15 years experience in either auto physical damage or bodily injury claims
- Proven experience in claims leadership and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Competent in gathering insights and presenting plan to address the findings
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Experience with claims related technology for national claims program
- Balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- Capable of writing with impact
- Ability to manage performance and motivate other team members
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Influence decisions cross-functionally and among executive leadership
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.