Claims Trainer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Claims Trainer?
The Claims Trainer has a unique opportunity to help prepare team members to better serve Clearcover customers. The role will provide formal training and mentor others in learning about the claims process. Our Claims Trainers are empathetic, patient people who love connecting with and helping our team serve customers.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is excited to join a fast-paced, startup culture.
What will you do?
- Lead in the development and implementation of the claims training program
- Deliver formal classroom (virtual & in-person) training material for claims team members
- Maintain curriculum used within the organization including knowledge base of training materials, standard procedures, and shared partner guidelines
- Support Clearcover quality assurance initiatives by reviewing claim riles to identify training opportunities
- Establish training and development plans for new hires and monitors their progress
- Understands & helps maintain full claims operation, systems, company policies & best practices
- Subject matter expert on auto estimating, bodily injury evaluation, internal tools, regulatory compliance, and claims payment processing
- Identify and assess internal trends for efficiency gains and process improvement
- Assist with adjuster license training and continuing education certification
- Mentor and coach team members
What do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree, or commensurate work experience
- A minimum of 3-6 years’ experience in either auto physical damage or bodily injury claims
- Proven claims support/success experience or experience as a trainer, claims representative or team leader
- Track record of providing excellent customer care
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Experience with claims related technology for national claims program
- Capable of writing with impact
- Ability to manage performance and motivate other team members
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Influence decisions cross-functionally and among executive leadership
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social