Client Events Manager
The Client Events Manager is responsible for leading, planning and executing on a variety of client events and manage the Current Client Events team members, events communications, project plans, calendar, budgets and cross functional relationships.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you'll do:
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine event strategy and needs including goals, content, dates, theme, agenda, locations, attendees etc.
- Lead current client onsite events (regional and national), with the goal of increasing client retention and engagement with Paylocity.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all events, including from concept, to invite, to onsite execution, to internal follow up and everything in between.
- Manage the current client events team members to ensure success while also being and advocate and coach for the team and their development.
- Manages sponsorship agreements.
- Work with internal stakeholders to execute successful event, including driving registration, delivery of content, internal awareness and participation, and follow up. This can include leveraging internal teams for deliverables as well as creating needed deliverables.
- Present to leadership success of events and optimization ideas to continually improve upon ROI, which will include keeping detailed reporting.
What you bring:
- 7+ years related experience in event planning and execution
- 2+ years’ experience in managing a team
- An excellent customer service mentality and leveraged in all interactions both external and internal customers including approaching work with a friendly, energetic, approachable, motivated and calm demeanor
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated, with project management experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge and experience with Event Management Platforms and CRM (Salesforce.com) tools
- Superior communication skills; the ability to write original content
- Highly reliable and accountable to achieve deadlines, working with multiple team members across different departments, while managing multiple projects
- Must be able to work well with internal stakeholders to drive desired outcomes
- Must be a self-starter, not afraid to ask questions
- BS/BA in Communications, Marketing or related field desired
- Willingness to travel to various locations for events up to 50%, willing to work long hours while on location including standing on feet for long periods of time.