Client Relations Operations Specialist - Friday-Monday
We are hiring Client Relations Operations Specialist’s to join our weekend team!
What is SMS Assist?
Good question. To keep it simple: we connect businesses (retailers, restaurants, commercial properties, residential properties) with the best maintenance providers (plumbers, HVAC repairers, floor care, rehab construction, etc.) in their area through our technology. It’s not a glamorous business, but it’s necessary and it matters. Without us, retailers can’t open their doors and our maintenance providers wouldn’t be able to grow their businesses.
Okay so how do I fit in as a Client Relations Operations Specialist?
When one of our Clients has a maintenance issue, or service need, the Client will fill out a work order. As a Client Relations Operations Specialist that work order comes to you. Sometimes this comes through electronically via our technology; Sometimes, a store manager or resident will call in. You will fill out any missing pieces of the work order and then work on solving the issue at hand. You’ll look through our database of maintenance providers & schedule them to perform whatever service the client needs. From there as a Client Relations Operations Specialist, you’ll manage the work order electronically as you can track the technician and receive real time updates on the project. You may need to follow-up with the client or technician depending on the project.
As a Client Relations Operations Specialist, you will join one of our larger operations teams (some teams are broken up by client, some by service). As a Client Relations Operations Specialist, you should be prepared to spend your days on the phone, with clients and maintenance providers, to ensure that all requested services are provided. While you will not perform the day-to-day work in field, you will become an expert in the “lingo” of the maintenance and property management world.
We pride ourselves on our technology, but that technology doesn’t work without our Client Relations Operations Specialists. You are there from start to finish ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Client Relations Operations Specialist
- The Key Performance Indicators for the Client Relations Operations Specialist are based on call volume, length of call, & client satisfaction. Success is partially defined by hitting your call volume, keeping your calls short & your clients happy.
- We hire entrepreneurs because we like people who are problem-solvers and “fixers.” If you see a problem, come with a solution. If a process could be better, propose a new way of working. We know there is always room for improvement & we are looking to you to be an innovator.
- We mentioned you will be on the phone. A lot. When a call comes in our Client Relations Operations Specialist follow up quickly and resolve issues in a timely manner. Most of the time communication will be over the phone.
- Identify, research & resolve Client issues using our web-based system & database.
- Develop a rapport with your Clients & maintenance providers and maintain a positive relationship with open communication.
- Maintain entries in our database and ensure consistency and accuracy. The system should show the same correct information detailing the service(s) performed, conversations, etc.
- Sometimes services will not go exactly as planned. It is your job to resolve (or escalate) these disputes. Examples: If an Affiliate does not show-up, you find a new team to complete the service. If the Client claims the work is incomplete, you work with the maintenance professionals to find proof of service.
- Work with other teams to ensure work orders are processed. Examples: You’ll work with the sourcing team to find new maintenance providers as needed & you’ll work with billing to ensure that services are billed in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Education Requirements for the Operations Specialist – Client Relations AKA who you are:
- You have a Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience- Typically 1-3 years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree). This role is ideal for an entry-level recent grad all the way through a person mid-level in their career.
- You are Client Service & Customer Service focused. You like helping people. A call may start sour, but you like the challenge of figuring out how to end it with a smile.
- You have zero fear of making and taking calls.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You identify with our core values: entrepreneurial spirit, one-team, passion for service & integrity.
- You are a quick-working, multi-tasker who is goal oriented.
A few of the Perks of working at SMS Assist
- Medical, Dental, PTO policy, 401K… the usual
- Parental leave
- Free in-building gym & game room
- CTA reimbursement & free shuttle to the Metra Station
- SMS Serves. We encourage you to get out of the office and serve the city of Chicago through our monthly volunteer events: playing with puppies, building homes, & serving food to name a few.
- SMS U provides new hires with 2 weeks of classroom and hands on training. Education continues throughout your career with specialty classes designed for you.
- Calendar full of social events: tickets to sporting events, intramural teams, annual talent show, wellness and fitness challenges, summer party, holiday gala, and more.
- Ability to create, implement and innovate at a “unicorn” company that is still growing every single day.
Internally this position will be called Operations Specialist.