Client Services Manager
The Client Services Manager oversees the Client Services team and activities that support the project coordination and delivery of new and update service chemical management projects. This full-time position works with leadership throughout VelocityEHS, including Sales, Operations, and Customer Care, to continuously enhance the customer experience by measuring, evaluating and improving service project management practices. The Client Services Manager develops and maintains operations metrics and reporting to ensure departmental goals are achieved.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train, manage, schedule, motivate, evaluate, assign and develop Project Coordinator staff, located both on-site and off-site, across multiple business units; field escalated issues from staff. Provide mentorship to staff as the opportunities arise.
- Subject matter expert on all facets of VelocityEHS chemical management services. Provide the expertise necessary to train and coach staff and vendors including change management, and creation and maintenance of SOPs.
- Coordinate scheduling of new and update service projects; ensure project work is in line with contract fees and terms, resolving discrepancies when needed; ensure timely delivery of project work via Project Coordinators and operations.
- Work with Sales, Product and Development to scope, quote and manage workflow for unique/custom service projects.
- Provide outstanding customer service and communication to all clients always exceeding expectations. Build professional relationships with clients engaged in update service projects.
- Continuous improvement zealot in all areas of client, project and vendor management; collaborate with department in identifying and developing technology-based scalable processes and efficiencies.
- Project management responsibilities in times of high volume and/or in scenarios with large accounts or more complex scenarios.
- Collect and report various daily, weekly, and monthly workflow metrics. Maintain, analyze, and improve regular department reporting (i.e. KPIs). Ensure individual project metrics are aggregated into one overall results repository.
- Create and manage forecast models for weekly and monthly revenue reporting of both current and possible work, yearly 3rd party vendor budgeting, as well as overall vendor volumes and workloads. On a weekly and monthly basis ability to audit individual work against revenue expectations.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile accounting reports with actual work performed.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting practices specifically milestone accounting.
- Contact for 3rd party vendors; approval and creation of scopes and quotes for use by Sales towards opportunities involving 3rd party vendors, as well as internal large client or non-standard services.
- Coordinate vendor logistics; preform monthly vendor invoice reconciliation; field escalation of issues raised through vendors; communication of significant issues to applicable staff.
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Sales, Product and Development, in high-level strategic planning and process development initiatives including scoping and implementing new service offerings.
- Incorporate and create new policies and procedures as new businesses units are acquired by VelocityEHS.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related professional experience. This experience would preferably have demonstrated accomplishment in a project and operational leadership role.
- 3+ years in a team leadership role, with staff management/supervision
- Proven leadership and team building skills, with the ability to coach, influence and mentor others
- Proficiency in most commonly used internet browsers
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel or related
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Reporting and Analytical skills
- Effective team player, quick learner, and self-motivated
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Effective Time Management, Detail oriented and very analytical
- Takes ownership of issues, follows through to completion, while delivering outstanding customer service
- Passionate about customers and this type of work
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Project Management Certificates, Certification and/or experience with Project Management
- Familiarity with CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
- Customer Success driven
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.