Client Software Support Specialist
Position Title: Software Support Specialist, Tier 1
Reports To: Software Support Manager
Full or Part-Time (Hours): Full-time – Monday through Friday Start and end time will be scheduled for early and late shifts to accommodate clients in U.S. time zones.
The Software Support Specialist, Tier 1 is responsible for providing the first line of software support for our clients through frequent phone and email interactions. The Software Support Specialist will also troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise clients on appropriate action. The Software Support Specialist will accurately create, maintain, and resolve tickets and escalate tickets to the appropriate team members as necessary. All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Smokeball core values, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Act as the initial contact for all client software support calls, records the call, provides first level corrective action, and escalates issues to next level as necessary.
- In a timely manner, respond to client issues via phone or electronically with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Gather information about the scope and history of a client software issue, accurately document the detail provided by clients and request additional information for problem solving solutions.
- Document all incoming issues via the appropriate methods to include but not limited to a ticketing system.
- Ensure that all client records are accurate while maintaining client confidentiality at all times.
- Troubleshoots problems to identify and correct software malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Proactively monitors assigned open tickets, contacts clients, and updates tickets on a timely basis.
- Test and reproduce client issues to determine the cause of the problem.
- Identify and communicate relevant information, for Tier 2 and 3 issues, to next levels for resolution.
- Diagnose and resolve routine and complex technical and product functionality issues.
- Contribute to team goals by improving response and resolutions times, as well as client satisfaction ratings.
- Create workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides recommendations for improvements, to management, as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of Smokeball product(s) as new features are added.
- Trains new Software Support Specialists as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise:
- 1 -2 years of direct experience providing software support to clients.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical users.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve, remotely, software system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to be resourceful and quickly learn new software.
- Self-motivated with the ability to successfully execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an agile and changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- A BS degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1+ years of prior software support experience preferred.
- Experience working in or exposure to providing software support in the legal field.
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Time Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Currently there are no travel requirements for this position.
- Microsoft Office
- LogMeIn Rescue
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity and responsibility that are required of the employee for this job. Activities and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description should not be considered as a contract of employment.